Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 RF Deck Replaced Twice...Why?

Old 07-14-2009, 10:43 AM
roknHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 RF Deck Replaced Twice...Why?

When I bought my DX7 a year and a half ago it had no range. I walked away from my plane maybe 15ft and all control was lost. I called Horizon thinking maybe I had messed up on the Rx binding or something.......but, they said no, send it in. When I got it back, the note from the Tech said they had found the RF deck to be bad and replaced it. I have flown quite a lot since and have been satisfied since the repair. A couple months ago I lost a plane straight into the ground.......no control what so ever.......sent the radio and Rx in for inspection.......just got it back.......the note from the Tech said they found the RF deck to be defective and replaced it. That's 2 RF decks in less than two years????

Do RF decks wear out??? Could my charger somehow harm the radio??? Or is this just one of those unfortunate situations where lightning strikes twice in the same place???

I hope someone out there has more experience here than I do and can shed some light on this.........
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 PM
roknHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7 RF Deck Replaced Twice...Why?

Very Interesting................

Hadn't thought to look.............I had my initials written (really small) on the back of my Tx.............not there!!!!!

I think they copied the plane programming onto a new DX7 and sent me that rather than repairing the old one. The note I got from the tech said they had found the RF deck wanting and replaced it..........I guess they found the whole Tx wanting...........

OK by me.............just shouldn't have taken 39 days..............