Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

PCM 10X transmitter

Old 06-25-2003, 11:59 PM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts
Default PCM 10X transmitter

I have two 10X transmitters and like all my previous JR radios are superbly reliable. However, one TX recently refused to take a battery charge (no red light on charger.) I replaced the pack with a new one.

I have traced the fault to a blown diode on the battery PC board.
Jumping this diode allows a normal charge, tha cells are fine.
Does this diode have any real purpose or can it be jumped permanently without risk to the TX electronics?
David Gladwin
Old 06-26-2003, 12:02 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

US systems have a fuse installed where overseas versions have the diode like yours. The diode in your pack prevents reverse polarity damage to the battery. Removing the diode would increase the chances of damaging the battery while charging.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:50 PM
David Gladwin

Thank you for your quick reply.
Interestingly this Tx was bought in the US (from Dons Hobby shop great guys) and my other in the UK. Both have the diode.

If its only to prevent reverse charging the battery I will jump it as I use only JR chargers. (guess this protection is needed because of the non standard JR colour coding on the charge cable.

Thank you again. David Gladwin
Old 06-27-2003, 12:27 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

US versions have a fuse in place of the diode, but the fuse looks much like a diode. US versions use the fuse to protect the battery from an overcurrent situation, but still allows the battery to be cycled. If any problem occurs without the fuse or the diode, the battery will be damaged, and if the problem is severe with the pack in the transmitter it may also damage the TX as well.
Old 06-28-2003, 02:35 AM
David Gladwin

Thanks Danny, I will have the battery PC board restored to as new spec by O'Reilly here in Australia. BRG, David Gladwin