Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 Throttle stick

Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
bigbird007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DX7 Throttle stick

I've recently had a problem surface on my DX7. I got this radio when they first came out. What's happening is that the stick will travel all the way back to the idle stop but then jumps back up 1 and sometimes 2 clicks. I've taken it apart and tried to move the little metal band that makes it click downward by loosening it, holding towards the idle position and tightening it back up. No joy, still does it.

I know this is not a major problem but is irritating. If I set the throttle to be at idle after it jumps up it can be enough to cause a engine kill if it stays down all the way.

I also know I can send it in but this is flying season!

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas for a fix? I have a flying buddy with a DX7 which seems to have the same problem.

Any help appreciated.

bigbird
Old 08-03-2009, 10:44 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7 Throttle stick

Check page 37 in your manual.....

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 08-04-2009, 06:46 AM
bigbird007

Perhaps I wasn't clear, the stick on the transmitter is not staying at full idle position. Doesn't matter if the Tx is on or off, it springs back up a couple of clicks. You can hold it down but as soon as you let it go it springs back up. I can't see how throttle recovery would help at all. I have it Inhibited and use the rudder DR switch for a kill switch.

Thanks anyway

bigbird
Old 08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

[8D]Send it to Horizon for service
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 PM
bigbird007

I also know I can send it in but this is flying season!

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas for a fix?

That's helpful, thanks

bigbird
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 AM
shizack

I know this thread is over a month old, but I noticed a similar thing with my newly acquired used DX7 airplane TX.

I'm using it for a heli, so the first thing I did was open the back and put in a smooth ratchet spring. This TX was well used by its previous owner (a 3D plank flyer) and most of the ridges on the rotating part of the internal mechanism were worn down pretty well. The extreme ends were still relatively "fresh". This caused a slight difference in pressure on the spring at each end of the throttle throw, pushing the stick back to "98" on one end and "1" or "2" on the other. Dremel time.

I used my Dremel on low speed with the fine sanding tube and kinda "kissed" the less-worn parts of the arc until they were pretty much even with the rest of the arc.

WAY better. I can still feel a minuscule difference at the full throws on the throttle stick, but it stays at 100 or 0 (sometimes it needs a little "bump" but it stays there once it's there).
Old 09-09-2009, 10:20 AM
bigbird007

Thanks shizack, I'll give it a try

bigbird