Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

SX-3 Compatibility with other recievers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 04:22 AM
RcBoatLover
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SX-3 Compatibility with other recievers?

Hi I just bought a JR sx-3 radio system and tried to control another boat with it but it diden't work. There was two other boats at the pond today, and while on the dock we tried to see if my remote would work with their equiptment by changing to the channel they were using.

I was surprized to see that my radio diden't do a thing when tuned to their channel. With the remote off I pressed the two buttons to get it into the programing mode and turned it on. I selected channel 74, shut it off and then turned it on again, just like the instructions said. The screen said channel 74, but the boat tuned to that frequency diden't do a thing. I tried it again with the other boat that was there, (channel 89) and once again nothing! Both boats were using a Hitec 3 channel, FM reciever. Why wouldn't my remote work with their boats? Did I do something wrong when I changed the channel, or can you only use JR recievers with this system?

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-30-2003, 01:14 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The JR system is incompatible with Hitec receivers as they operate on a different signal shift. You can use JR and Airtronics receivers with your system, or a hitec receiver specifically labeled to work with JR.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:19 PM
RcBoatLover

Oh I see! Thankyou for clearing that up! All it did was cause interfernce when they tried their radio, and it did nothing when their radios were off.

What about Futaba and Novak recievers?
Old 07-02-2003, 12:20 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the novak receiver is made for futaba or is shift selectable so that you can set it to negative shift it will work fine. If it is made for JR specifically however, it will not work with the Futaba radio.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:47 AM
RcBoatLover

Thanks for all the help!