Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Another Bind Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 06:26 PM
em14

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Bind Problem

I have a DX6i Tx which I’m having a problem binding with the AR6200 Rec.! I have a system switch in the plane which unfortunately my battery charger nor my Bind plug fit … so I goggled the binding problem with this set up and the answers I got basically had me use the Bind/Bat Port for binding plug and another port in Rec. for the battery to plug in … I used the aileron port in the rec. and proceeded to try to bind … the LED in the Rec. only shows a solid red light and has never flashed … and the system is not binding … the batteries are charged. So what have I missed and how do I get the system to bind!
Leo
Old 09-29-2009, 06:56 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another Bind Problem

If you do not have the appropriate 3 wire Switch Harness, as you found out, you cannot Bind through the Charging Jack on the Switch Harness. You can attach a Y harness to the Batt/Bind port, on the Rec, plug the Switch Harness into one side and the Bind Plug into the other side. You can also plug the Switch Harness into a Spare Channel Port, on the Rx, and attach the Bind Plug into the Batt/Bind port on the Rx.

Turn on the Rx, first, and wait for the Blinking Light. Hold the Bind Button on the Tx and turn on the Tx. The Rx light should go Off and come back On, solid. Release the Bind Button and Remove the Bind Plug. Your Tx should be Bound to the Rx and it should work. Be sure your Battery Voltage is at a safe level.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:52 AM
em14

Bush Barber - Thanks I will try that ...
Leo
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
em14

Busch Barber - Went to my local hobby shop and we took an servo extension, shaved it's width down with sand paper and now it works with the charger I have ... They had a Bind Plug that did fit with (I don't know how to express this technically) proungs which fit right into the charge plug and now the radio system is binded! I ordered the correct bind plug configuration! ($2.29 for both male and female bind plugs) ... Now everything works and my new engine is due this afternoon!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to have a mix of Futaba and JR/Spektrum wires and switches. To avoid having to modify the Futaba Male connectors, so that they would fit in the JR/Spektrum Female connectors, I always ordered extensions with JR/Spektrum connectors or Servos and Batteries with JR/Spektrum connectors. A JR/Spektrum Male connector will always fit in a Futaba Female connector.

For instances where I was stuck with a Futaba Male connector, I ordered MPI Universal connectors, from Maxx Products, and used them as adapters.

It is a real pain to modify the Futaba Male connector, especially if you have more than a few.

Glad to hear that you are up and running.