Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum dx7 lost bind today

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:42 PM
onewasp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum dx7 lost bind today

I wasn't looking for a pi***** contest.

I think your last post can be fairly summarized in a sentence:
"What does experience have to do with judgment?"

My answer is virtually everything!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:11 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have owned Futaba since 1978 and I believe it is a solid product. To be fair, though, Futaba introduced FASST after Spektrum came out with the first 2.4 RC stuff. That is not saying one is better than the other. I am just quoting the timeline. Spektrum was for 3ch cars only, then Park Flyers, then everything. I realize that each mfg had to ensure that their product did not interfere with another mfg's product before it could be released.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:10 PM
rdcntrl1

i am just sosososo glad that texas & onewasp are so good a degrading every one with there gramer & home schoolin but im just a 1 toothed corn chewer from illinos that likes to crash my planes & then bash (spektrun,horizon)im so glad you guys like to make fun of people !!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:31 PM
psb667

Dont start this $4!t again this isnt a fight post this is a figure it out. Onewasp wasnt trying to insult you he answered your question and this is a fairly common problem with these particular radios and rxs. The question I have is what do you fly onewasp? As for experience well it has to do with everything. So help us figure out what it is that the less experienced rcers are doing rong so we can enjoy this sport.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:45 PM
onewasp

psb667

Making it brief:

49 years in RC aerobatics (Precision)
Pattern primarily
3D as necessary to support my preference for Precision :-)
Now Electric, I have flown Glow, 2 and 4 stroke, Gas and now electric
Teach RC flight having begun that in 1965
Have been the 'hired pilot' for some scale builders (read overweight and underpowered)

In short I enjoy painting pictures in the sky.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:14 PM
psb667

How are you setting up your tx rx ive been following the manual and Im still getting rx brownout even with a voltage regulator.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:51 PM
onewasp

I use A123's (5S1P); CC Phoenix 60; separate CC BEC programmed to 6.6v; Either a DX7se with AR7600 (favorite) or X9303 with R921.
While not a world of difference in speed (tightness) if you are looking for the fastest set up the DX7se and AR7600 has the jump!

A123's are 2300mah and the packs are assembled by yours truly.
A 5S1P x 2300 = 14 oz. shrink wrap , plugs and wiring included.

A123 = no fire hazard, easy charging (FMA 10S) and 1000 cycles at 100% discharge. Unlike LiPos temps are not critical, storage is a no brainer and you can flatten them each time you fly with no ill effects. I do set my LVC at 2.0/cell, soft.
If you have seen the A123 discharge curve you will understand why. After 2.0v. it drops like a rock! (IF NOT FASTER)

I pick my aircraft to fit the batteries and find that 500 to 700 square inches is about right . Motors are E-flite 32 and AUW is 60oz.
I have an EXTRA300EXP ready with a Torque 2814/820 but have not yet weighed it (it's lighter than those stated above) nor has it been flown.
Airframe construction and finish is remarkable-right out of the box!

If you fly electric you need to invest in a prop selection because you can extend flight times and pick your performance levels to suit your flying style. More successfully than you would imagine.
Everything I've got is geared to 'Precision Flight' but each one has unlimited vertical.

The true technicians on electrics will tell you to start with the Wattmeter. While that is the proper way I use my desired flight performance levels then the moment that is right I measure the wattage, current etc. to make certain I am not WAY out. Ditto on prop changes.
So far so good.
My underlying philosophy is if it won't give me the performance level I want then I don't want it.
Sooner or later I will smoke one but not yet.

FUN !!!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 PM
onewasp

P.S. I don't use voltage regulators or switches. If it is not there it can't fail.
At 6.6v. unregulated the Rx and servos are very happy and very responsive. High end JR's for servos.
I suppose you might stretch definitions and call the programmable CC BEC a sort of regulator but it really is not.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM
psb667

what bec are you using this is likely to be the more critical part as its is surging in the rx that theoretically causes these failures.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 PM
psb667

ORIGINAL: rdcntrl1

i agree with[stoney1451] as i said earlyerin this thread if horizon would admit to some kind of problem for (loosing control) weather what ever you want to call it i would think different but for the future im futaba all the way !!!!
thnx.
rdcntrl1
look on the spektrum website at the new rxs they have a programmed function that moniters the brownouts and they have a quicklink function that hopefully will save a lot of people. the brownout log will help to tune larger juice using planes in order to avoid brownout(hopefully). sorry I forgot to make a point spektrum is defacto admitting to a problem by adding these features. Experience has taught me that rx failure do to battery issues is common. wiping out a plane due to rx failure is pretty bad. a 20lb car going 40mphr can also cripple someone going full throttle. These are the things that experience teachs.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: psb667

what bec are you using this is likely to be the more critical part as its is surging in the rx that theoretically causes these failures.

First line of post #107 "CC BEC" is the name. Here is the site: http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html I use the 6S version the other one is new.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:23 AM
psb667

Sorry I never have really caught on to the abreviation thing. SSWHA. GG. YAFDA
Old 10-17-2009, 12:22 PM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: psb667

Sorry I never have really caught on to the abreviation thing. SSWHA. GG. YAFDA
Those all make sense.
Simply to someone else.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:39 AM
yardbird07

Hey guys.
I'll have to add to this subject.
I have a two year old Spektrum DX7 transmitter. Worked flawlessly about a year ago.
Anyways, Iwas away from flying for a year and have returned.
I built me a Han9 Pulse XT 60 and have been trying to fly it for about a month. The weather was holding me back a bit. Upon building the model, after completion Ibound the Rx and Tx. All worked fine. Checked it once again during the same week and the bind was lost. At this time I really didn't know what or why this happened so I rebinded the system and all was once again working properly.
Went out to our local field this past Saturday for a maiden flight. The first thing noted once again was a lost bind. Rebound the system.
Then I was having engine issues to pan out for more than half the day. Figured that out and turned off Rx and Tx for a few hours. Went back to model to give it a flight and found the bind was lost once again. Ididnt do anything out of the ordinary either. Our flight preparation tables are all flat.
Of course and rebind made everything work again..... My thought was failing Rx (AR7000). The day was gone and I decided to just pack it in and try again on Sunday and bring another AR7000 Rx with me.
Sunday came and the first thing I did was changed out the supposedly failing Rx with a new Rx. Ibinded the system and all worked great. Turned it all off (Rx first and then Tx) and headed to the starter stands. Within a 15 minute period I turned on the Tx and then the Rx......what do you know....no response again!!!
That ruled out the Rx receivers as the problem. The problem is the damn transmitter!
Sorry guys, but this is not the users fault. The button is not getting or accidentally getting pressed. 3 times on initial Rx and 1 more time the following day using a totally different Rx.
Will be calling Horizon today (Monday) to see what needs to be done.

By the way, Idecided to try and fly it anyways. Wierd thing is, the semi broken in O.S. 75 AXfailed to run.
Must of been a sign to not try and fly!

*Notes:
-The bind was never lost when both the Rx and Tx stayed powered on.
-The battery power was fully charged in both the aircraft and radio.
-A range test was also done after every re-bind. All range tests passed.

Jim
Old 10-26-2009, 08:30 PM
denoferth
My Feedback: (71)

I would like to suggest to everyone what may or may not be obvious; that the spectrum antennas vibrate like little tuning forks in certain circumstances. That combined with handling stresses can and does cause the wire strands to eventually break which leads to shorts or intermittent contact at best. My fix, after an inspection to insure it’s not already damaged, is to simply tape them with a small strip of duct tape across the receiver. You don’t need much. About ¼” is fine and I pinch the tape around the wire just enough to prevent it from sticking to the aircraft. I don’t tape them down to the structure as I want the wire and receiver to move as a unit. The tape simply reinforces the wire and prevents it from vibrating independently from the receiver. Works for me.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 AM
who knows
My Feedback: (11)

I have a DX7 which i have lost two new planes different power source,glow one electric other..different receivers,both with battery power for receivers..both after 10 mins of flight fell from the sky with no input control..both dived and could not correct with any inputs.both lost bind for some reason.