Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR7000 LED flasing slowly

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 PM
lcarron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR7000 LED flasing slowly

I'm having a spektrum DX7 with a AR7000 receiver.

Here are my initial understanding about the led status:
- Led ON mean that receiver is receiving data from the transmitter.
- Led OFF mean the receiver is waiting for data from receiver.
- Led is flashing RAPIDLY during the binding process while the terminator is connected into the BAT port.
- Led is flashing SLOWLY when a burnout happen

Are those assumption correct?

My receiver is powered by 2 separate power source on two ports. One on the bat port and the other one connected on the throttle port using one Y connection.

Here is my first problem:
If I switch off the receiver and turn it on while the transmitter is on the LED start to flash slowly. (even if i wait 30 second between off and on)
On the other hand if I turn the transmitter first I do not have any issue with the LED.

Here come the second issue.
If while the led is flashing slowly I turn the transmitter and I push the back green button I'm losing the bind. Then I need to go through the binding process again with the terminator.
This behavior is systematic as I can repeat it as much as I want.

What is going on? Should I toss the receiver?

Thanks to let me know.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:14 PM
V2PLUS10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AR7000 LED flasing slowly

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1756 What you are doing is bench testing the QC feature...

"Here come the second issue.
If while the led is flashing slowly I turn the transmitter and I push the back green button I'm losing the bind. Then I need to go through the binding process again with the terminator.
This behavior is systematic as I can repeat it as much as I want. "

I think what you are doing is asking the TX to generate another GUID...and so it does, and of course the rx does not recognize it. Holding down the bind button while turning on the TX WITHOUT the bind plug installed in the RX is not a normal procedure.

I suggest you call Horizon for a complete explaination.

Good Luck!!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:19 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AR7000 LED flasing slowly

Always turn on the Tx before the Rx unless you are Binding. Always turn off the Rx before the Tx.
Do not press the Bind Button and Turn on the Tx unless you are trying to Bind. A new GUID will be generated and the Tx will no longer communicate with the Rx. I found this out the hard way. Several of our Starting Benches, at our flying field, are narrow at the back. Once I laid my DX7 down and leaned it back against the side of the bench. It just hit the Bind Button and I did not realize it. The Tx and Rx were no longer Bound. I went through the Bind procedure, again, and I laid the Tx on the bench in the same spot. I turned on the Tx and the Bind was lost. Not a good design putting a Big Bind Button on the back of the DX7.

I have some Rx's that have the older Firmware and do not Blink Slowly when the Rx thinks there has been a Brownout. I am sending them in to get the Firmware updated..