Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

50cc Radio and battery setup?

Old 11-03-2009, 01:18 AM
dale691

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc Radio and battery setup?

Hi guy's Just setting up a new yak and I'm getting confused with all the options for radio setup. I would like redundant packs and maybe switches or equal redundancy. I have an JR921 2.4 receiver for the plane, seems to me that I would need two regulators if I were to use the AR 9100 power safe, and am I right in saying that the batteries stay connected all the time and only a single switch is used to control power on/off?

As the 921 has the facility for 2 packs can I plug them directly into the 921 (no switch between the battery and Rx) and use a soft switch?

Cheers

Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 PM
SJS
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc Radio and battery setup?

You need two switches and two batteries for the 921. No soft switch. The 9100 has the soft switch, however, since the batteries are connected directly to the receiver, there will be a small amount of current draw when the receiver is off. You would have to unplug the batteries from the 9100 if they sit more than a month. I like the 9100 as you have all the receivers external from the power bus, so if one fails, you have three as backup. I had a 921 receiver where one external receiver died in flight. I didn't notice it until I landed and didn't see the light on the receiver. Hope this helps.

Scott