Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Single-switch for 3D Rates on 8103

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 07:31 PM
SVFlier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single-switch for 3D Rates on 8103

Single-switch for 3D Rates on 8103

Danny, you advised that I could set up a single switch for 3D rates by using 3 program mixes to mix each channel with itself, using a negative percentage to take away throw, and assigning them to the same switch.

That might work fine for total throw, but wouldn't it still leave the high 3D expos on the lower throw? I need to change both throw and expo at the same time.

It sounds like I may have to bite the bullet for a 10X to achieve this objective; that's a pretty pricey solution.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:28 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The expo does not carry through, so whatever you have the expo rate at for the switch position you have, it would remain the same. There isn't a way to set the expo on to the same switch.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:30 PM
SVFlier

Hmmm.
If I understand that, I can set up a high expo rates and high throws on my normal three dual rate switches, then set up three mixes to a single switch that has the high throws/expo in one position and low throws/high expo in the other position (as a result of taking some of the rate out).
I think that this implies that I have no control with the normal three dual rate switches, i.e. I cannot set up a lower rate, but can have only one rate/expo combo on the normal three switches.
Did I get that right?
Thanks, Danny
Old 07-07-2003, 05:01 PM
dsnyder

The expo values are only set in the dual rate function and the only way to have them adjustable through a switch is by the dual rate switches. But you can decrease throw through program mixes to "fake" flight modes, at least for the throw. The expo however would remain the same. You could still set up everything in dual rates as well and still use them also. I think you have it right though.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
SVFlier

Thanks, Danny. The "You could still set up everything in dual rates as well and still use them also" was the part I was uncertain of. I think I can make it woerk, now.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:17 PM
dsnyder

If you have any further questions please let us know.