Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR does not respond?

Old 12-21-2009, 07:59 AM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR does not respond?

Went to fly this weekend with my 9303 2.4 radio with Spektrum receiver. Has worked perfectly for many flights. Checked controls and all was well. Fueled plane, and then turned everything on. Radio would not respond. Lights on solid on receiver and remote receiver, but no response. I tried to rebind even though this should never be required. Still inop. I did not have another plane with me, so could not try that. After a few minutes turned on, and all worked fine. Did a range check, and ok. So I flew. Worked great. Landed, refueled, and no response same as before. I put the plane in the truck, turned it on, and all worked fine. Came home, and cycled on and off probably 10 times and normal response. Any ideas? Could we have had 2.4G interference at the field? Couple of guys were flying Futaba 2.4 and they were fine. Don't know whether to ship the receiver, transmitter, or both for check out. Also tried the transmitter with another plane when I got home, and it worked great. Help! Never seen this before. Bob
Old 12-21-2009, 08:32 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR does not respond?

The most obvious things to check would be the Tx and Rx batteries. Make sure to check the Rx batteries under load. What type and capacity batteries?

Whenever you are posting questions like this please include all the equipment you are using.

What Rx are you using and how many Satellite Rx's did it have?
How are you Binding? I know you were able to Bind, but were you Binding for Hold or for Presets, with regards to the Failsafe Settings? The most common way to Bind is to insert the Bind Plug in the Charge Jack of the Switch Harness or into the Batt/Bind port on the Rx. Turn on Power to the Rx, wait for all lights on the Rx and Satellite to Flash, Depress Bind Buttion on the Tx and turn on Tx. Wait for lights to go Solid and remove Bind Plug. This procedure Binds and sets the Failsafe Conditions such that when you go into Failsafe, all channels will Hold except Throttle goes to Idle.

On some Rx's, after the Rx power is turned on and the lights are Blinking, you pull out the Bind Plug, set the Knobs, Sticks, Switches, and Levers to the Preset Failsafe Positions you want, depress the Bind Button on the Tx and Turn on the Tx. Rx lights should go out and come back Solid.

You probably know all this but I just wanted to state it as it may be relevant.

Be sure each time the Tx is turned on that it displays the correct Model Memory. I know that it should not change unless you changed it, but odd things can happen with the Firmware.

If you have a Flight Logger, plug it in when this happens, before the Rx is turned off, and check the parameters for Holds.

Does your Rx flash when a Brownout occurs? Does it have the Older or Newer firmware?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:07 PM
onewasp

B58

Get on the phone with Horizon Support.
Tell them your story.

While waiting for the Support guys I'd gather up all the stuff I needed to return the set to Horizon Service and Repair.

There are some few cases (very few) which are 'solved' on the web. I wouldn't put my money on that happening.
After talking with Horizon Support i would follow their directions to a "T".
Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 PM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

Thanks guys, I will play with it a bit more this weekend. Batteries are 3000 ma 6v nicad, checked good under load. Xmtr battery good, on right model. Bob
Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

First, make sure you're holding the transmitter a few feet away from the model while trying to link up.

Also if you're on a metal work bench or around shelves or a metal shed and the like the signals can reflect and confuse the receiver during the linking progress.