Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Connecting Servos to AR91000 Receiver

I am a long time JR user and just got a Spektrum DX7, which is manufactured
    by JR. I was expecting all connections to be made the same. I am using Hi-Tech
    Servos and 3 JR Match Boxes. When attaching the servo connector to the AR9100
    Receiver, the signal wires (Orange JR, Yellow HiTech) are on the bottom versus
    being on top in the JR Receivers. Close looking shows the connectors and slots in
    the receiver to be keyed. Yet I am not comfortable about this and would like some
    comformation that the Negative servo wires do indeed go on top.

Gerald

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Connecting Servos to AR91000 Receiver

Spektrum and JR use the same Color Code for the wires and they plug in the same way. The only thing I have noticed about Spektrum Rx's is that the ports where the servos plug in are a slight bit smaller and the servo connectors have to be plugged in perfectly straight in order to get them in. You also have to push with a little more vigor.

I just looked at two of my Rx's.

In the case of my AR6100, the Black wire is towards the closer end of the Rx case.This is the AR6100 with the pins coming out of the top of the Rx case.
    In the case of my AR9000, the Black wire is towards the bottom.

The shape of the connector forces you to plug in the connectors only one way.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Plug one in, if it works its correct, if it doens't it just wont work but it won't hurt anything.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah it seems to me that there's not a lot of commonality in the plug orientation with the Spektrum/JR rx's and the slots are tight as Rich mentioned. On mine, I've started trimming the two corners on the servo plug wires so they'll go into the slots better. I started doing that when I still had a few Futaba servos with the tab, trim it off and things were still pretty tight so I started trimming the corners as well.

The Hitec servos don't seem to fit as tight so maybe their connectors are a bit smaller, but on my R921's I still trim the connectors to fit the small angles on the servo slots. I haven't used either my AR-9100 or the R-1222 yet but suspect they'll be the same as the R921's.

All the rx's are marked somewhere on the case with the correct orientation of the servo wires so just verify that you're getting that right and you'll be fine.
    Zeeb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With both my Spektum AR9100 and JR R921, the servo connector orientation is the same, signal wire to the bottom. Trust in the key Luke.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On my JR R921 the servos plug in opposite of the way they plug in to the Spektrum 7000. If you look on the label of the receiver, it shows the positive and negative orientation of the servo lead.
    Steve