Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 Rudder input interacts with elevator trim

Old 01-07-2010, 02:37 PM
frankeldan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DX7 Rudder input interacts with elevator trim

When hitting right rudder it interacts with the elevator trim. Every time I hit right rudder the up elevator clicks up 1 beep. IF I hold the rudder in it just seems like I am holding the up elevator trim switch up. This happens on ALL models selected. Is there a way to reset the radio to factory settings?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7 Rudder input interacts with elevator trim

[8D]Go to page 35 in the manual to reset the model setup to factory defaults.

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: frankeldan

When hitting right rudder it interacts with the elevator trim. Every time I hit right rudder the up elevator clicks up 1 beep. IF I hold the rudder in it just seems like I am holding the up elevator trim switch up. This happens on ALL models selected. Is there a way to reset the radio to factory settings?

Thanks,

Dan

That sounds like phisical problem with wiring to me. Well, you will know what to do after the factory default reset.

Rafael
Old 01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When setting up a new model, always Reset the Model Memory to Factory Defaults, just to be safe and help to eliminate Frustration. Once in a while, I will use an empty Model Memory to test something or use with a Flight Sim. If I do not edit the Name, in the Model Memory, I may not remember that some of the parameters have been changed. This is especially true if I am playing with Programmable Mixers.

One of the nice things about the JR 9303 PC Transfer software is that I can View all the Model Memory parameters on my PC, Edit them, Print them out, and Copy them back to the Tx. It is an easy way to compare two Model Memories.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:01 PM
frankeldan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I reset one program as note on pg 35 , but still does same thing.

I think the processor is bad..  Looked inside the radio .. everything looks good. This just started happening after using this radio for 2 seasons.

Is there any "secret" menu that's not posted in the manual.

Welp .. I think I'm going to order a new  JR9503.. But they are still on backorder.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:42 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a Service Menu that Factory Techs use and sometimes someone posts the procedure for getting into that menu, but I have never had to use it.

Any computer radio can develop corruption in the Firmware and except for a few newer radios that allow you to Update the Firmware via your PC, it usually means that you have to send it back to the factory.

If I am having a problem with a particular Model Memory (let's say Model Memory 2), I will switch to another unused Model Memory, Reset it to Factory Defaults, and try the setup again. Sometimes, just Copying one Model Memory to another Model Memory fixes the problem.

If you have Elevator Coupling enabled, for the Rudder, it will move the Elevator when you move the Rudder. I have done this to correct problems with Knife Edge flight where the movement of the Rudder causes the model to Pitch Up or Pitch Down. Usually, Resetting to Factory Defaults turns this Off.

Sometimes, with older radios, connections of the wires to the Stick Pots become loose or frayed and moving the Sticks causes unwanted movement of adjacent Controls, but in this case, Rudder is on the Left Stick and Elevator is on the Right Stick so I would not expect there to be any interaction due to loose wires.