Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Can a DX7 operate non Spectrum receivers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:30 PM
raydleoni
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a DX7 operate non Spectrum receivers?

Can a Spectrum DX7 transmitter operate any 2.4 ghz receiver or does the receiver have to be a Spektrum unit?
Thanks for your help. Ray
Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Can a DX7 operate non Spectrum receivers?

JR uses Spektrum technology, so both JR and Spektrum Rx's can be used with either a JR or Spektrum Tx. With all other 2.4Ghz systems, the 2.4 Tx or 2.4 RF Module can only be used with an Rx from the same manufacturer.

The same is true for 72Mhz PCM systems. For example, a Futaba PCM Rx can only be used with a Futaba PCM Tx.

When you use FM or PPM, there are 3rd party Rx's you can purchase that will work. I purchased many Hitec PPM Rx's over the years for Futaba and JR.

When you use 2.4 systems, you have no choice but to use the Rx from the same manufacturer. Some manufacturers of 2.4 systems offer more of selection or Rx's than others.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:57 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Can a DX7 operate non Spectrum receivers?

You can use any DSM2 capable receiver including everything from JR, Spektrum and the ParkZone DSM2 models. That's it, however. Won't work with Futaba, Airtronics or HiTec 2.4GHz receivers.