Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9x

Old 07-10-2003, 02:40 PM
Tom Gressman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9x

Danny,

It is evident that there are many of us who are very interested in the 9X. Can you give us any estimate as to when it will be available and what software enhancements Horizon is reviewing. The resulting feedback from JR enthusiasts may be of value to you.

Tom
Old 07-29-2003, 03:16 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 9x

I'm sorry to say that I do not have any information that I can add at this time. Stay tuned!
Old 07-30-2003, 11:46 PM
MooseLoad

Default 9x

From a few things I have seen, I would REALLY be surprised if I saw the US release anytime before sept/oct....and more likely towards the holiday season..shame they want to play the "I have got a secret" game with us....
Old 07-31-2003, 06:32 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Default 9x

Hi Mooseload,
I don't think that's fair to JR or the folks at horizon. These folks work real hard to bring us information here, but you have to remember that Radio Systems are highly competitive between manufacturers. Features are a key selling point. What might or might not be coming out on the 9x would not be something a company would want to divulge before the introduction of a new radio. It's not that they are keeping anything from us. I'm also sure that most folks would not be privy to that kind of information until right before release of the product. I'm sure the 9x like all other JR radios will have great features, and nobody will be disappointed with the new radio. I have a 10x, and I've had lots of other JR radios over the years and I've never been disappointed with any of them. In fact, I wouldn't think of flying anything else. My first was a JR Circus IV that was distributed by circus hobbies back when they were the importer for JR Radios. Since then I have had Century's, an X347 (2 of those), a 10s, 10sx, and now a 10x. I'm sure everyone is anxious to see this radio and the features, but they must review things on these radios for the N. American Market, and test them. That's why JR has the reputation it does, because the folks who bring us this stuff assure that it meets and exceeds our expectations. Good things come to those who wait! If it does come out around Christmas wouldn't that be great? Just in time for a new project. hehe Let's have a little more patience with the folks there at Horizon...they do good work for us.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Mr.Update

Default 9x

Hi there:

I`ve just bought a 9X. Maybe I can answer some of the questions you have
Old 08-01-2003, 08:04 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Default 9x

Mr.Update,

1) How many timers?
2) Can timers be stick activated (eg, throttle)
3) Can side sliders be used to vary mix parameters in real-time (eg, F-E mix, Differential, or even a Programmable mix?)
4) I understand there is "limited" switch assignment?
5) Did you get the 9X or the MX-22?
6) Is there a DIN port on the back (other than the usual trainer jack)? Supposedly there's serial i/f for firmware updates?

Guess enough questions for now
Old 08-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Aero330LX

Default 9x

If you noticed, Mr. Update is from Europe. That will be a different Radio than we will be getting here in the States.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Mr.Update

Default 9x

Hello, I`ll try to answer as best I can. Resently got it and the manual is in Japanese. I`m a heli flyer so the options on Acro and Glider setup I`m not so sure about.

1) How many timers?
2) Can timers be stick activated (eg, throttle)
3) Can side sliders be used to vary mix parameters in real-time (eg, F-E mix, Differential, or even a Programmable mix?)
4) I understand there is "limited" switch assignment?
5) Did you get the 9X or the MX-22?
6) Is there a DIN port on the back (other than the usual trainer jack)? Supposedly there's serial i/f for firmware updates?

1) 2)Two timers, you activate timer by TRN/Loop switch in front. Unsure about stick activation.
3) In either of the airplane modes you can set your own programs. Delays and auto roll/loop setups.
4) Aux 4
5) ??? JR PCM 9X
6) There`s only the usual trainer jack. If I`m not completely wrong I think JR use this port for software updates.

Addendum: The scrolling wheel makes it incredible user friendly. You change setup in no time. There`s one unasigned button on the screen control. The 9X is "unlocked", you can switch mode as you like. You can also set the Thr.stick inv. Sorry if some of the answers is blurry, but I`ve just recived it, need more time "scrolling". Bought mine from Cyberheli.com.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:50 AM
MooseLoad

Default 9x

Well...I just heard from a source that shall remain nameless that it seems as if there is a problem right now with the software in the 9X versions that are currently released. This, on top of the apparent usual 6 month lag time for release in the states would probably put the 9X release date well into 2004...like summer 2004'ish from what I understand. Such is life......
Old 08-02-2003, 02:21 AM
Aero330LX

Default 9x

Hi Mooseload,
I don't know how anyone could know what this Radio is gonna do if and when it released. This radio has not been released and nobody knows if it will be yet. N. American versions of radios are generally very different from their European counterparts. I know the RF section will be different as we operate on different frequencies than they do. The likelihood that the software would be the same would end up just working out that way if it was. Nobody knows yet if the radio is gonna be released at all yet. I have heard about some of the features of the Euro version but that has nothing to do with what will be released here. The Radio could have added features, it could have less features depending on what the market is like. It could be that there is an entirely different system in the works, there could be a highly modified version that will have a different model number. This radio if released here might come out with the case being the only thing it has in common with its Euro counterpart...nobody knows. All of that is pure speculation and what *could be*. The point I was trying to make is that all of that type of info. is proprietary, and is something that's just not discussed until there is a final release date on a product. That's just smart business...it has nothing to do with them keeping anything from us, and there's no conspiracy about these kind of things.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:55 AM
Peter Khor

Default 9x

Originally posted by Aero330LX
Hi Mooseload,
nobody knows if it will be yet. N. American versions of radios are generally very different from their European counterparts. I know the RF section will be different as we operate on different frequencies than they do. The likelihood that the software would
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I iirc there ISN'T any firmware difference btwn all the JR radio lines currently in existance (Quattro thru 10X) be it Asian, NA, or EU. The only exception is Graupner MX-24, which is made by JR for Graupner and not available in NA (I really wished it was!). As for RF deck, the higher end radios have a removable RF module to suite each country's freq. requirement and not part of the main radio.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:29 AM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Default 9x

The MC-24 is available in the US. I know a MX-22 exists but am not aware of an MX-24.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:36 PM
Ben Diss

Default 9x

The current JR modules are interchangable with the 9X.

Aero330LX- Please, tell us the difference in the firmware for the US, Japan and Europe version of the 8103? How about the 10x?

-Ben
Old 08-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Aero330LX

Default 9x

See this thread for more info. http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...48&forumid=174 They do make changes to these radios. I don't keep up with what they are, and really don't care what they are. The point of my post is whatever they are changing it's takes time, and accusing JR of 'keeping things from us' ain't gonna make it get here any faster. I never said there was any changes in the 10x or the 8103, and this thread has nothing to do with the 8103 or the 10x...why did you bring those radios up??
Old 08-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Ben Diss

Default 9x

Aero330LX-

You state that N. American versions of JR radios are "very different". I thought you might be able to share an example with us.

-Ben
Old 08-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Aero330LX

Default 9x

OK, the RF section. Couldn't tell you about any others. I don't build 'em, I just use 'em. They are different as you will see if you read that last link I posted.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Peter Khor

Default 9x

Originally posted by woodscra
The MC-24 is available in the US. I know a MX-22 exists but am not aware of an MX-24.
Craig,

Thanks! My typo there ... MC-22 and 24 are JR Mfg'd for Graupner, as far as I know they are not officially available in the US (seriously, do you know anyone carrying MC-24 in the US other than importing one in?!)

The MX-22 is the Graupner version of the 9X, with the exception of switch assignment, 12 channel capable (PPM24), and looks to have a serial port in the back of the transmitter. Info gleaned from PDF copy of the MX-22 catalog page.

Aero330LX, previous linky you posted does not mention any difference in the current JR line of radios (from Quattro thru 10X) firmware-wise, hence my call on Horizon having to "customize" JR radios for US market, I don't understand. THAT SAID, the 9X, with the MX-22 version looks to have customizable firmware.

Mr.Update, thanks for answering my quries! (the 9X or MX-22 question was because I'd have thot that the MX-22 was already available in EU).

Either way, as mentioned in the other 9X thread, this is good discussion for both end users like myself and a bonus Horizon/JR to get some feedback. The radio is already out and shipping in this globalized ecomony, nothing to hush-hush about. fwiw part of my wish list:

* some switch assignment (would like d/r on one switch or flight mode).
* side sliders to manipulate mixing parameters
* >24 model memory or an editable DataSafe s/w
* timers that can be stick-switched

Basically a radio that will one-up the 9C AND Royal EVO12
Old 08-03-2003, 01:59 AM
Ben Diss

Default 9x

Aero330LX-

BUNK!

The RF module is identical. JR is currently shipping a 72 mhz module for the Aussie's. The module is completely interchangable with all other JR modules. You need to check your facts.

Horizon needs to get it in gear and get this radio out. No offense to Danny as he's just the messenger here, but this line about special software just doesn't cut it. There's nothing different in the other radios (8103, 10X) so I have trouble understanding how this one is different.

Maybe the FCC certification is taking place now and that is delaying the rollout. I dunno. Some straight answers would help.

-Ben
Old 08-03-2003, 02:52 AM
Peter Khor

Default 9x

fwiw FCC cert is only for the RF module, not the radio! And since it shares the same module as 8103/10X, it should be good to go!

Anyways, here's hoping that Horizon/JR will take the opportunity to actually change the firmware for the better!
Old 08-03-2003, 02:55 AM
Aero330LX

Default 9x

Looks like i got dissed again...
Ben,
With attitudes like that, they may just decide not bring it out at all. Ever think of that? :tired: