Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

12x-dx6i compatible for training ?

Old 03-20-2010, 05:40 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 12x-dx6i compatible for training ?

i have a new 12x and a new dx6i . i bought the dx6i to use in my lower end airplanes and i was wondering if (1) i can use the 12x and the dx6i together with a trainer cord ? and (2) can you switch back and forth as to which transmitter is the master ? thanks for any help you can give ,WB_1
Old 03-20-2010, 06:01 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 12x-dx6i compatible for training ?

Unless the 12X specifically lists restrictions as to what can be used as a Buddy Box, you should be able to connect the two radios with a Trainer Cord, turn on the Trainer program in each radio, and use the Trainer Switch on the Master to Give or Take control from the Slave.

Every radio has different quirks when it comes to the Trainer system. Some have a Trainer program and some do not. Some allow you to turn certain channels Off and On for the Buddy Box.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:14 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And by what authority do you give this advice? hey you going to the auction today?

Old 03-20-2010, 06:37 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes!!
Old 03-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

..... and (2) can you switch back and forth as to which transmitter is the master ?
Typically the receiver installed in the aircraft determines which radio is the trainer and which is the trainee. If both radios are capable of controlling the receiver installed on the aircraft, I would use the higher end radio as the master, and the other as the trainee. With the higher end radio you can adjust parameters that are not adjustable on the lower end radio.

Rafael