Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Need help program my 8103

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Ron Kay
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help program my 8103

Need help program my 8103

I have a sailplane that is setup with two independent spoilers using two independent servos, both servos are the same. One servo is into ch #1 identified as the spoiler channel and the second is into the AUX2 channel. The 8103 is setup in this case to be in Sailplane mode V-Tail and Dual Flap inhibit.... Upon moving the throttle forward or backward both spoilers respond properly but I cannot adjust the end point/travel for the slave AUX2 channel?

I have the following settings:

SPOI to AUX2 on Program Mix4, Rate +125%/-125%, SW:ON Offset:-1

Travel Adjust:
Spoil - +100% and -100%

Now here's the problem... The end point adjust/travel adjust works fine on channel #1 the Spoiler channel but not at all on the AUX2? There is not end point adjustment within the 8103 regardless of what I do? I cannot adjust the travel of the AUX2 channel and that makes it almost impossible to coordinate and adjust my spoilers.

I know I'm overlooking something but for the life of me I have not been able to figure this out.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 05-18-2010, 07:46 PM
V2PLUS10

Default RE: Need help program my 8103

Look at the last comments on page 126 of the manual. I do not know if this will apply in your case, but using Mix channels 5 or 6 allows the trims to be active for both master and slave.....let us know what you find....
Old 05-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Ron Kay

Thank you for your suggestio but the problem is not the trim, it's the ability to be able to control the end point adjustments for each servo.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:09 PM
V2PLUS10

I thought that maybe since Mix 5 & 6 had active trims, they may also have active endpoint adjustment....it was worth a try..You might call Horizon Hobby.......
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Ron Kay

EURAKA, I think I have a solution....

I changed the wing to a four servo configuration in the Tx. This immediately allowed me to disable the trim knobs and have full control over both channel #1 and AUX2. Still working with this configuration to see if there are any other issues, but so far it's looks like this may be good.

After thinking about this, I'm sure this is not a unique solution and there may be other, perhaps more elegant solutions. But for the moment, this appears to work and I'd really like to get out and do some flying.

Thanks very much for your input and suggestions.

Ron
Old 05-21-2010, 12:32 PM
duworm

Setting the radio to dual flap is the most elegant way to program what you want to do. It provides independent control over each servo. Glad to see you figured it out. Nice work.

Sherman Knight
Team JR
Old 05-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Ron Kay

Sherman,

I don't know about the most elegant solution, but it's functional and simple. This looks like it will work for me. Thanks very much for your reply... I've not flown it yet, only tested on the bench, but your reply certainly gives me confidence that I shouldn't see any surprises...

Thanks again....

Regards,
Ron