Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum AR6200 and DX6i

Old 06-23-2010, 06:55 AM
The Crook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum AR6200 and DX6i

With the problems that have been discussed with the AR6200 and DX6i, has it been decided which one is the problem or is it both. If so, is there a fix other than using another receiver. My AR6200 small receiver blinks continuously and has a hum all the time. Guess its bad?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum AR6200 and DX6i

When you say it blinks all the time, are you connecting it properly? Turn the transmitter on, wait a few seconds, turn the reciever on, it should come on solid.

If you have the bind plug in it will cause it to blink all the time.

The only other reason it should blink is if you connected it properly, got solid lights, then lost power and turned it back on to the receiver. If you fumble deans connectors, or swap batteries without turning off the transmitter the receiver will blink telling you that you had a power failure (it doesnt know you changed batteries or turned it off, just that it lost power)

If you take off with the lights solid and land while they are blinking then you lost power during the flight, which is a problem with the plane, not the radio system.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 AM
DenverJayhawk

the RX will blink when bound to your TX after a power recovery of brown out. Make sure you turn off the TX after you power down or unplug the RX battery. Then turn the TX back on before powering up the RX again.

I have a DX6i and a couple ar6200s and they work just fine. There's nothing wrong with the AR6200 and DX6i combo. Just make sure you are using it correctly.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:36 AM
glenny22072

I'm having problems with dx6i and ar6200, everythings hooked up proper but not getting and aileron control,,anybody got any ideas?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:58 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: glenny22072

I'm having problems with dx6i and ar6200, everythings hooked up proper but not getting and aileron control,,anybody got any ideas?
I will ask a few of questions. Do not be offended.
Is this the first time you have set up this Tx with this Rx?
What type and size of Rx batteries are you using?
Are you sure that the Transmitter and Receiver batteries are fully charged?

Did you follow the procedure to Bind the Tx to the Rx?

Insert Bind Plug into the Bind Port on the Rx.
Turn on the power to the Rx.
Watch for the Blinking Lights on the Rx.
Depress the Bind Button on the Tx and turn on the power to the Tx.
The Blinking lights on the Rx will go out and come back on Solid.
Remove the Bind Plug.
Turn off Rx and then Tx.
Turn on Tx and then Rx.
Lights on Rx should come on Solid and servos should move with sticks.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Goran619
My Feedback: (2)

I've had this same issue on the 6200 I had installed on my raptor 30 no matter which order I turned things on or how long I waited the rx would blink and then when I could get a solid light my gyro light would start blinking when both of them needed to be solid. I do check my batteries on everything before I fly, and the battery that is installed on my raptor is a 6.6v LiFe battery with a 5v regulator so I know it has nothing to do with my batteries. I have never checked this on my mustang which came with a 6200 installed from the factory. I have never lost anything with this Tx/Rx combo but I am very worrysome of something happening due to radio failure that I seem to be experiencing, or atleast what everyone is saying is a problem. While i still use my DX6i with my mustang I have switched radio manufacturers on the rest of my fleet. I do like my DX6 but I think I will be using it with models that I have less money invested in.