Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 Flaperons

Old 07-16-2010, 08:21 AM
TSky28
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 Flaperons

I have DX7/AR7000 set to flaperon with the servos plugged into AIL/AUX1 according to the manual. I initially setup for just regular aileron dual rate control with ail-diffrential which I figured out just fine. Now I wish to have the flaperon option as well. I cannot seem to figure out how to make both Ails go down into flap mode at the flick of a switch. What am I doing wrong. The book seems to think that using flaperon wing type will just automatically make this happen which doesn't seem to be the case. Both ails are deflecting in the correct direction and amount with dual rates working just fine.

Please help

Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 PM
molokaiboy

Default RE: DX7 Flaperons

Leave your set up the way it is.

Hold the scroll and select buttons down while powering you TXon. Scroll down to "Input Select." Push select to get to "Flap"set this to "System", Set "Flap Trim"to "ACT"now you can use the Rocker to trim your flaps.

Power down TX. Power back up, enter menu, and scroll to "Flap System", set your rates for your flaps and elevators and your flaps should now work with your 3 position flap switch.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Aloha,
Les

Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM
m1morrow

Guys,

I am having this same problem,  I am trying to set up a Escapade with flaperons but I cant get the 3 position switch to act accordingly.
I have the right wing in the Aileron plug and the left wing in the AUX 1 plug.  I have gone into the set up screen and enabled Flaperons.  In the input screen I have flaps set to system and the flap trim set to inop. 

I had to reverse on of the servos to make both ailerons move in the correct direction.  I have control over aileron differential ect..... but the 3 position switch wont make the ailerons move up or down.

I went to the flap page in the normal menu and set percentages for the flaps/ailerons to move down........but the only thing that that page will do for me is allow me to change the normal setting.  So I can basically only move the flaperons to one position.  Moving the switch does nothing.

I went make to the set up screen and enabled flap trim.............now the rocker switch will trim the flaperons up/down.....but still no three position switch.

This is really frustrating...........what am I doing wrong...........is  this a function that the DX7 can't do?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Dangaras

Here is a procedure from Codimaster; http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_90...anchor/tm.htm#

[img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s3.gif[/img] Try this:
DX7 DUAL AILERONS AND DUAL FLAPS

1. Go to the Set-up mode (Hold down Scroll and Select keys while turning on)
2. Scroll to the Input Select screen
3. Set AUX#2 to INH, AUX#2 Trim to INH, Flap to System(should be default), Flap trim to INH,
This turns off AUX#2 channel from the lever
4. Do not activate Flaperons. It must be OFF

Aileron Setup
1. Power off the TX and turn on. Go to normal
programming
2. Scroll to Pmix #6. Set Aileron as master and
AUX#2 as slave. Set mix levels at 100%
(This requires movement of the Aileron Stick)
3. Set the Sub trims on the aileron and aux#2 to
match each other.
5. Scroll to Travel Adjust and set the desired
Travel for the right aileron and left aileron
(AUX#2)
6. If the ailerons are backward..go the reverse
Switches and correct

Flap Setup
1. Scroll to Pmix #5. Set Aux#1(Flap) as master
And Gear as slave. Set the mix levels at 100%
(This requires flipping of the gear switch)
2. Scroll to Pmix#1. Set Gear to Master and Gear
To Slave. Set mix levels to –100% -100% (This
May require flipping of the Gear Switch)
This will inhbit the gear switch.
3. Set Sub trims on the Aux#1 (Flap) & Gear (Left
Flap) to match each other
4. Scroll to travel adjust and set 100% on Aux#1
And Gear.
5. Scroll to FLP SYS screen, Set the desired
Travel for each of the switch settings.
You can also set any elevator compensation.
Set Right Flap to Aux#1, Left Flap to Gear
Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dangaras - They each have an aircraft with a servo for each Aileron and using the Flapperon mix. They just want the Flap switch to drop the Ailerons as Flaps.

The procedure you just outlined is for an aircraft where the Ailerons and the Flaps are separate control surfaces (two Aileron servos and two Flap servos).
Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Dangaras

Right, thanks. I picked up the wrong thread....  Sorry about that.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Wrong post
Old 09-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Dangaras

The DX7 does not have a roller...????
Old 10-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Longbaskt
My Feedback: (5)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help as well... I moved to a 7 channel receiver and problem solved.... I nosed over my BF109 2x this morning and now I have flapserons. I really didn't want to do just ailerons and flaps... way cool...I can't wait to try it out.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:59 PM
rivas8409
My Feedback: (1)

This is starting to irritate me. I'm flying a Pulse XT40 with an AR7000 and DX7, I've got the flap system programmed and the flaperons"work" with the 3 position flap switch BUT they both don't deflect down. One moves up and one moves down. I can't figure out what the problem is and how to get both ailerons to delfect down giving me flaperons. Any ideas? I've tried reversing through the radio- no success. Any ideas? This has been driving me crazy for weeks now. I don't necessarily need flaperson, by they can come in handy when I'm trying to land on a short field.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:03 AM
TSky28

Try rebinding. I don't think that should help. But I have had success with reseting the model's memory. I suggest rebind first because I think a model reset dumps all your programming. If the rebind doesn't clear it up. Check all your connections for proper channel plug in and then reset the model in the radio (the screen that shows the time for that aircraft ticking away), re-program your mixes and it should work. I had a similar problem with a wing I set up a couple weeks ago and this cleared it up.

Tally-ho
Old 10-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Dangaras

Ok, thi may be an old question, but do you have the ailerons both plugged into the Aileron channel or are they on separate Aileron &Aux1 channel?
Old 10-16-2010, 11:33 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plug both Aileron servos into the Aileron channel, using a Y Harness or Matchbox, you cannot us them as Flapperons. You need to plug each Aileron servo into a separate channel in order to Mix them. With most computer radios, plugging one Aileron servo into the Aileron channel and one Aileron servo in to the Flap channel is the standard for using the Flapperon mix or Flapperon Wing Type.