Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.
View Poll Results: A poll
ar500
20.86%
ar6200
20.86%
ar7000
28.22%
ar9000
8.59%
r921
6.75%
r1221
2.45%
6100-6100e
12.27%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Which JR\Spectrum receiver did you crash with?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:17 PM
rosek007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which JR\Spectrum receiver did you crash with?

like i said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrJxV_q6qPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R8fS...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o94BwTuKrb4
Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 PM
rosek007

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

ORIGINAL: rosek007

I don't think i missed the point at all, lets use the jr 9503 for eg...didn't they have to recall them all? I absolutely agree that when a product is being sold in high volumes there will be one, two a few or even a few hundred that missed the mark, But having a weakness in your system and ignoring it is and should be unacceptable not only to the JR owners .....
I did not think that we were talking radios in this thread, but since you brought it up. I agree with you that the FIRST BATCH of the x9303 radios (2.4 version) had a cable problem (have not heard the same from the 9503), but it was quickly taken care of at the factory and by the service center as soon as it was identified. So what is wrong with that? It conforms with that you are asking, you learn from your mistakes, and produce a better product from there on. It was not ignored, and handled properly and in a timely manner. I see no problem with that.

My father always told me not to purchase the first of ANYTHING. It is prone to have problems that nobody could have foreseen. He always advised me to give it 6 months to a year before purchasing a product. That way most, if not all of the bugs would have been worked out. In this hobby people HAVE TO HAVE the latest and greatest. Maybe that's the problem.

Rafael

why is it there are no excuses for futaba or hitec not working this or crashing that?, or they didn't bind it right this or not enough battery that?, My father told me excuses are like a**holes everybody has one and they're good for one thing and its not saving your plane when you have a lockout...[&:]one would think you would atleast know about an issue before you try to debate it [:-]...yes 9303 had wires cutting in the back when you move the sticks and the 9503 had issues with the modelmatch kicking out models between 30-50...next you'll say nobody should have 30 models so it's not jr's fault...seriously dude just watch the youtube clips, relax and move on...fact is they have had issues...fact they recalled the radios although they told us to open the radio and check...really???, sorry i'm not an engineer just an end user who wants what i buy to work like it said it was going to , also right on time approx every six months theres another recall or something with jr...[X(] cause somebody that baught it "don't know how to hook it up right "....................again, just relax watch the youtube videos have a laugh drink a beer, whatever...i'm relaxed and happy with my tx whatever it might be.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:38 PM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

2 years on my DX7 and I love it. No issues with the 9 different receivers and the 18 planes they have been used in. At this point, if I had what I perceive to be a radio problem, I would be looking at my setup, not the receiver. I have the utmost confidence in the signal, and no complaints thus far. Just my $0.02. I have yet to see ANYONE at my field lose a plane due to radio failure that is using 2.4 from any brand. So I guess I am left wondering about who all of these people are that are losing aircraft with 2.4? I just haven't seen it?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
turboromy

This is an interesting poll.  I had radio caused crash with specktrum 7000 receiver once.
But the way you collect data seems questionable.

I believe spektrums are much more common than others because spektrum is the one who started 2.4.
Higher numbers here shouldn't be translated into more trouble of the specific model.

Even though Spekctrum denies it when I called them, I've never experienced any more trouble after swtiching to 6.0v battery from 4.8v like many suggested around me.

It seems 4 digital servos as supplied in the DX7 box works fine but one additional could cause trouble.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I switched to 2.4 three years ago. Started with a DX6i, then a DX7, now have a x9303. Receivers I've used/still use are the AR6100, AR6200, and JR r921. So far, knock-on-wood, I've had zero problems or issues. Of course, I always try to orient any remote receivers per the recommendations and use as many of them as the main unit has ports, and locate the main unit in what I hope is an area that has the least chance of rf interference from other internal gizmos. I've also switched to A123's in my glow and gas planes.

But, this thread does have me a bit concerned. I'm nearing completion of a Skymaster L-39. I've got a Spektrum AR9100 in it with dual 2300 mah A123's, and 4 satellite RX units. I'd sure hate to lose this jet to some JR/Spektrum 2.4 gremlin.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 PM
rosek007

ORIGINAL: ovationdave

2 years on my DX7 and I love it. No issues with the 9 different receivers and the 18 planes they have been used in. At this point, if I had what I perceive to be a radio problem, I would be looking at my setup, not the receiver. I have the utmost confidence in the signal, and no complaints thus far. Just my $0.02. I have yet to see ANYONE at my field lose a plane due to radio failure that is using 2.4 from any brand. So I guess I am left wondering about who all of these people are that are losing aircraft with 2.4? I just haven't seen it?
wonderfull to hear although i'm sure if you go the field in the am and have a lockout you'll let us know, oh and I didn't even need to see "all these people losing their aircraft due to 2.4" cause my lockouts was enough, and yes i know I set it up wrong yada yada beaten to death but as hard as i try i just can't seem to have a lockout with my Futaba...mmmmmmm, I wonder... Good luck with your "dx7" i hope you never have a lockout and have to change your "9" different rx.

have a watch at the youtube link above and you'll see what we're talking about...lol
Kevin
Old 07-30-2010, 09:25 PM
rosek007

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

I switched to 2.4 three years ago. Started with a DX6i, then a DX7, now have a x9303. Receivers I've used/still use are the AR6100, AR6200, and JR r921. So far, knock-on-wood, I've had zero problems or issues. Of course, I always try to orient any remote receivers per the recommendations and use as many of them as the main unit has ports, and locate the main unit in what I hope is an area that has the least chance of rf interference from other internal gizmos. I've also switched to A123's in my glow and gas planes.

But, this thread does have me a bit concerned. I'm nearing completion of a Skymaster L-39. I've got a Spektrum AR9100 in it with dual 2300 mah A123's, and 4 satellite RX units. I'd sure hate to lose this jet to some JR/Spektrum 2.4 gremlin.

my l39...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61532.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	1475820  
Old 07-30-2010, 09:33 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see by the writing you were also using a 9303. What RX? Man, that's a lot of $$$ down the drain.

I wish I wasn't so deep into the JR/Spektrum setups, 9303 plus several RX's in various planes. To switch to Futaba would require a lot of bones in RX's, not to mention a TX. But I'll admit, I'm seriously thinking about it right now. It would be nice right about now to have a JR or Spektrum Rep to weigh-in on all this.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 PM
rosek007

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

I see by the writing you were also using a 9303. What RX? Man, that's a lot of $$$ down the drain.

I wish I wasn't so deep into the JR/Spektrum setups, 9303 plus several RX's in various planes. To switch to Futaba would require a lot of bones in RX's, not to mention a TX. But I'll admit, I'm seriously thinking about it right now. It would be nice right about now to have a JR or Spektrum Rep to weigh-in on all this.

It was one of the 9000 series rx brand new out of the package, talk about deep into jr/spectrum my 9303 tx was full of planes and I was using my dx7 as runover to hold planes that i flew... If i recall correctly when i switched i bought 8 -14 channel rx and 7- 7 channel rx expensive as heck but no more thought in the back of my head if i did the last rebind or if it'll have a lockout. Now i just bind and enjoy. what was even more gut wrenching was that was the maiden flight!!!!!!, After takeoff I made the first turn and it went into autopilot mode, flew around for a minute as i held the tx at my side in utter disgust and fear, luckily it went down in a cow pasture and didn't kill anybody and even after everyone verified the lockout i still was unconvinced and kept sayining it had to be something i did unfortunately my trusty 9303 put 2 more big planes on auto pilot before i saw the light...

I had dual a123 dual heavy duty switches and an extra satellite.
Kevin
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM
dougclind

Sluggo, curious were you a part of VF84?

Now about switching to Futaba, I've mentioned it several times. I was at Joe Nall all 8 days this year. A young guy (but experienced pilot) was flying a turbine jet with Futaba. He had a great, no trouble flight. He made his gear pass over the runway then turned to make his downwind leg. I turned to chat with his dad for a couple of seconds and then looked back. There was no plane in the sky! He was saying something to his dad about nothing responding. The jet had stopped responding and had just gone down in the woods. My estimate was that the plane was about 300' away when he lost it. They salvaged one of the landing gear! It was probably about 10k worth of jet!

And it was Futaba.

In real aircraft they have double and triple redundancy on important systems. I wish there was something like that for r/c. JR does have the satellite receivers and that's supposed to be the redundancy but I wish there was some kind of totally separate, redundant RX.

Here's a suggestion for you and it's what I'm planning on doing in the future for any expensive plane I get: an autopilot. Range Video has an autopilot that apparently, if you lose rx signal, it can stabilize the plane and automatically fly back towards the launch point until you regain control. Frankly anyone flying anything bigger than a park flyer (such as a turbine jet) should consider an autopilot, not just to protect the investment but to prevent killing someone.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:12 PM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

I watched the videos. Ok, I get the play on the Mac/Windows theme, but where are the real cases? I am not trying to be difficult mind you, maybe I am ignorant of the issues that Spektrum receiver/radios are having, but I have yet to witness any? I have never had an issue, nor have I read any "real" commentary from any well-known R/C source that says that the JR/Spektrum systems are more faulty than the FAAST system (although I have 3 kids and one that plays hockey, I don't have enough time to read every thing out there, so if there are any, please post the links). I know Futaba makes great stuff, in fact, up until I purchased my DX7, I have owned only Futaba. While I mean to offend nobody or imply anyone is mis-representing these issues, I would like to see some real articles that show some evidence that there is a significant difference in the reliablity of the two systems vs. some opinions posted here. Thats all.....

Dave
Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 PM
rosek007

ORIGINAL: ovationdave

I watched the videos. Ok, I get the play on the Mac/Windows theme, but where are the real cases? I am not trying to be difficult mind you, maybe I am ignorant of the issues that Spektrum receiver/radios are having, but I have yet to witness any? I have never had an issue, nor have I read any ''real'' commentary from any well-known R/C source that says that the JR/Spektrum systems are more faulty than the FAAST system (although I have 3 kids and one that plays hockey, I don't have enough time to read every thing out there, so if there are any, please post the links). I know Futaba makes great stuff, in fact, up until I purchased my DX7, I have owned only Futaba. While I mean to offend nobody or imply anyone is mis-representing these issues, I would like to see some real articles that show some evidence that there is a significant difference in the reliablity of the two systems vs. some opinions posted here. Thats all.....

Dave

So you want me/us/somebody to go find a link of someone reputable saying one is better than the other??? really??? how about YOU take a minute use google although again I can tell you from experience I have had lockout/brownout with the jr/spectrum systems i had and have not had any with futaba. with such a wonderfull request it's like asking someone to go find a publication that says mac is better than windows... you claim you haven't had any issues great, again i hope you never do but if you want anything other than the PERSONAL EXPERIENCES STATED, take a second from the hockey game and google it, hint recall of 9503 model match issues, check of 9303 wires that's all you get from me i'm not here to hold hands i have 3 boys of my own to tend to ,i'm here to tell about my jr experience.
Kevin
Old 07-30-2010, 11:37 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When you think about it if just one third of the folks complaining about JR\Spectrum lockouts were true that would still be more complaints than Futaba
and Airtronics togather, I for one just cantbeleive so many folks or wrong about their radio problems.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 AM
TimT2000
My Feedback: (1)

Some humor..
the 2.4 lock out or brown out,,, any brand

Cheers Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJrw...layer_embedded
Old 07-31-2010, 01:09 AM
budchugger
My Feedback: (1)

Got at least one of all the one's you have listed and a few you do not. I have been using a JR 9303 with 2.4 mod from the day they came out along with A123 batts and not one crash due to radio failure.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:22 AM
HunkaJunk

ORIGINAL: nhulsey

All right hunkajunk. What about the 41 people who have had problems as the survey says. Are you going to call that a lie??? Why are you so paranoid about being a liar unless you are one? Nobody said you are so calm down. I am sorry for generalizing and saying all need to admit that there is a problem. Alot of people have a hard time admitting when something might be wrong, especially when the wrong hasn't occured to them. Just because DSM2 hasn't failed you doesn't change the fact that 41 people in the survey have had problems. Maybe the AMA or someone with the knowledge could research how many units were sold over a certain time span from horizon and futaba. Then do a comparison of total failures between the 2 companies based on units sold. I have a feeling that this information, if found, would shock alot of people. Perhaps the AMA won't research in fear that some of the loyalty from certain manufacturers would disappear if they came out with some shocking results. Whether the results are in Futaba or JRs favor. Instead of everyone speculating (including me) why don't we search for the undeniable truth on this issue. I'm sure somebody impartial to all of this could come up with solid numbers. Like I said I don't have the knowledge much less timeto even start this type of research. I already tried calling Horizon and they wouldn't give me the number of 2.4 systems sold over the past year. I would expect them to be proud of that number.
EXCUSE ME! but you are the one saying "no one had the cojones to answer honestly" and now you are trying to turn it back on the one who called you on it, you are beginning to amuse me, give us another.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:02 AM
lackeyma
My Feedback: (4)

How come there's no selection for "never had a crash with these radios"? Been flying years with Spectrum and JR. Never had a crash that wasn't MY fault!!! I suspect that most of these crashes reported are actually pilot error or other battery/wiring issue.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:04 AM
lackeyma
My Feedback: (4)

How come there's no selection for "never had a crash with these radios"? Been flying years with Spectrum and JR. Never had a crash that wasn't MY fault!!! I suspect that most of these crashes reported are actually pilot error or other battery/wiring/switch issues.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spektrum DX7, 7-AR7000's, 3 6100's. I also own a FASST system that I bought at the same time as the Spektrum to compare the two systems. Been flying the Spektrum/Futaba equipment for just over 2 years in Helis, large multi thousand dollar 3D ships, foamies and everything in between. No glitches so far on either system. One thing I find amusing is that no one has mentioned that radio control is prone to radio interference and it doesn't matter whether it's 2.4 or 72. If the transmitter signal gets overwhelmed by a strong enough outside source it will not be "heard" by the receiver, doesn't matter if it is old technology or the newest most state of the art stuff available. Most probably know about signal to noise ratio and if the noise gets loud enough the signal can't be "heard" by the receiver. Also, very few are going to have access to radio spectrum analyzer equipment to check the level of "background noise" at their flying location. They also don't have the access to check the level of noise being generated by their plane/heli or whatever they have their equipment installed in. Having said that it also stands that not many will have the skill or equipment to scientifically analyze the true cause of the failure that caused the loss of control. It's basically just a guess without scientific knowledge of the all important signal to noise ratio information. Just my two cents.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:22 AM
Nitro777

Hunkajunk, are you going to add anything useful to this thread????  Or are you going to keep taking everything said personal.  At least I came up with an idea that could possibly solve or give some closure to this subject for the entire r/c community.  Unless you want to talk about ideas on how to come up with some solid numbers concerning the subject at hand, I am done speaking directly to you.  Oh ya.  The number of failures now stands at 57 (if you haven't noticed). 
Old 07-31-2010, 06:27 AM
rcflip

A Fubaba R6014FS caused my 88inch EF yak to go in, to this day I think over-heating caused it. Still fly Futaba though, love my Futaba!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:17 AM
BEAR-AvHistory

Oh ya. The number of failures now stands at 57 (if you haven't noticed).
Out of over 1500 who viewed the thread & an uncounted number who thought "another JR/Spektrum whine thread by the same guy" & did not bother to view.

BTW the survey is just a worthless axe to grind dump without the "I have had no loss" option. My vote would have been "I have had no loss" Wonder how many of the 1500+ would have accessed that choice if it was available?
Old 07-31-2010, 07:24 AM
rosek007

ORIGINAL: TimT2000

Some humor..
the 2.4 lock out or brown out,,, any brand

Cheers Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJrw...layer_embedded
I took my brother inlaw up for fathers day and was gonna do that to him but decided not to, it was a c172 and I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me and would have freaked out and started flipping switches, now if I wS in a cub... Funny video..
Old 07-31-2010, 07:28 AM
Augie11

ORIGINAL: BEAR-AvHistory

Oh ya. The number of failures now stands at 57 (if you haven't noticed).
Out of over 1500 who viewed the thread & an uncounted number who thought ''another JR/Spektrum whine thread by the same guy'' & did not bother to view.

BTW the survey is just a worthless axe to grind dump without the ''I have had no loss'' option. My vote would have been ''I have had no loss'' Wonder how many of the 1500+ would have accessed that choice if it was available?
I would have checked "I have had no loss' as well. That's with 12 planes on JR 2.4 with 6200's and 921's. I've still got six on Futaba 72 and have no losses there either. Anecdotally, in a club of 110 members, I haven't heard any reliable comments about 2.4 losses on either manufacturer. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:34 AM
tyrick69

13 planes and/or helis flying for over 3 years with a DX7 and either 6100's or 6200's and not a problem to date attributed to the radio/receivers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.