Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX 8

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 PM
51er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX 8

Spectrum brought out the DX 7,it's a great little radio. There is only one problem, no flight modes. Now Spectrum comes out with their
latest and greatest DX 8. It has a lot of good improvments over the DX 7. Only one problem, no flight modes. Come on Spectrum/Horizon, I'm sure you have your reasons for not including flight modes, but i think you can do better than that.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:27 AM
ChiefK

Default RE: DX 8

OK.... I'll bite. What are flight modes and why do I need them?

Greg
Old 08-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 51er

Spectrum brought out the DX 7,it's a great little radio. There is only one problem, no flight modes. Now Spectrum comes out with their
latest and greatest DX 8. It has a lot of good improvments over the DX 7. Only one problem, no flight modes. Come on Spectrum/Horizon, I'm sure you have your reasons for not including flight modes, but i think you can do better than that.
I find this extremely hard to believe. You either do not understand flight modes, or you are looking for the wrong function. Although I do not own either a DX7 or a DX8, I know for a fact that the flight modes on these radios exist. But since you do not mention which version (airplane or heli) then There could be the main problem.

3D helicopter flight is IMPOSSIBLE without flight modes. I know a lot of people that fly their helicopters with DX7s, and I know a few that have DX8 prototypes. So flight modes are present on the DX7 AND DX8. You just need to know what you are looking for.

Do you have a DX8 in front of you? Are you sure you did not disable the Flight mode switch by assigning something else to it? That would happen in a JR radio if you assign functions to unconventional switches.

Take a look at the DX8 manual, it clearly shows the flight mode switch.
[link]http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPM8800-Manual.pdf[/link]

Rafael
Old 08-30-2010, 04:46 PM
51er

I stand corrected. However, I was referring to the same style of flight modes used on the 9303, 9305 11's & 12's.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 51er

I stand corrected. However, I was referring to the same style of flight modes used on the 9303, 9305 11's & 12's.
I still do not understand your question. Can you pick out a page number on the 9303 manual or any manual that explains what you are talking about? I'm 100% certain that the DX8 will have it but the DX8 manual might not be explicit. I already noticed that the DX8 manual is not separated into heli and airplane versions. It is all mixed in together. You might have to read a heli-related segment to understand a certain function. It happened to me when I bought my 9303. It was shipped with a heli manual since it was a heli version. I sent for the airplane and sailplane manuals and after reading all 3 then I was able to understand most of the features of the radio.

Rafael