Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

1 rec 2 planes

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:19 PM
old n slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 rec 2 planes

Can I use same rec in more than one plane? If I create a new profile in xmtr is it necessary to rebind the rec to the new plane or can I just toggle xmtr to the other plane?
Trying to decide on Futaba or Spectrum 6 channel. Oh yeah,,,,,,,,talking about the 6200 rec.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:54 PM
tdmoss61

Default RE: 1 rec 2 planes

Yes you can use the same rx for both planes, but you will have to rebind it to each specific model memory when you switch it from plane to plane......
Old 09-01-2010, 01:06 PM
old n slow

Are you saying that the rec is bound to only one specific plane and not to the xmtr? If that is so then Futaba is better, you just switch rec to another plane, set that plane up in xmter. No need to rebind the rec as it is bound to xmtr. You just have to be sure to make sure right plane is picked from the memory.
Thanks,,,,,,, for answer. Futaba wins,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 09-01-2010, 06:25 PM
tdmoss61

I have never used Futaba, I only use the Spektrum tx's. If your tx dose'nt have the model match, then I guess it would'nt reallymatter. As for Spektrum, yes, the rx will stay bound to the tx for that specific model memory, but once you select another model memory, that rx will not work unless you bind it to that model memory. As I understand it, that ishow the model match prevents you from selecting the wrong model. I am just used to using different Spektrum rx's, and just switching the model memory..........
Old 09-03-2010, 12:05 AM
molokaiboy

Are you saying that the rec is bound to only one specific plane and not to the xmtr? If that is so then Futaba is better, you just switch rec to another plane, set that plane up in xmter. No need to rebind the rec as it is bound to xmtr. You just have to be sure to make sure right plane is picked from the memory.
Just a little comment. While you would have to rebind your rx when you change it to a different model, there is very little to no chance of accidently trying to fly an airplane with your heli settings and vice versa. To me this feature "model match" is great when you have many models that might have similar settings.

Ihad a friend of mine that uses Futaba14mz2.4 (not sure on exact TX), anyway he powered up everything and went to check his controls and found everything wrong. He started to get everything set back up the way its supposed to be, only to finally realize he had it on the wrong model. Now he just changed all the settings for a different model to match the current model.

Imagine if all the controls for 2 or even more models have very similar set ups. You test all control surfaces and they move the way they are supposed to. You take her up and you flick a switch to use one of your mixes and its a mix for another model, and BAM!! You crash!! Why, cause there's no "Model Match"feature. Imyself love the "Model Match" feature, while others love the ease of not having to rebind when switching the receiver to another model.

The choice is up to you. Futaba makes terrific radio systems, as do JR/Spectrum. Many of the guys at my club fly Futaba 2.4, and Iam just one of a few that fly JR/Spectrum 2.4. Ihave had great results since owning my DX7 and X9303 2.4, and the Futaba guys have great results too.

ALoha,
Les