Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Do I need an Exorcist on DX6i problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need an Exorcist on DX6i problem ?

DX6i thats been perfect all along.
2 helis, one with a 6200, one with a 7000.
A new development yesterday to the best of my knowledge is neither heli will now move their collectives when powered up and on throttle hold, while all other controls work fine.
Binding one then another to a buddies DX6i both work fine, including moving their collectives when powered up and on throttle hold.
Both will move their collectives fine and for that matter seemed to fly fine when powered up with motor(s) running.
The orgasmic climax- Yesterday I have one of them powered up, throttle at full idle, throttle hold on,normal flight mode.
Taking it off throttle hold the heli spools up to a zillion rpm with no pitch ,AND it wont respond to the controls including throttle hold, then finally tipped over.
I was at 6 feet away and backing but a broken spear of blade cut the crap out of my leg (shorts !).
Transmitter voltage showed over 6 volts.
I'm at a real loss and cant wait to talk to Horizon, they've always been very helpful. I'm not looking for suing anyone for Gods sake, or for free stuff. I just want to figure out what the hecks wrong, whether I did something, whatever it takes to get back in the air.
Thanks in advance to everyone who can throw me a bone with this mystery. Doug

Old 09-06-2010, 12:04 PM
molokaiboy

Default RE: Do I need an Exorcist on DX6i problem ?

First of all, you already had signs that something wasn't right. You should not have tried to figure out what the problem with your collective waswith your motor/engine running. It shouldn't have been necessary to have your motor/engine running.

Could your throttle have been accidently reversed.
Did you try to reboot your TX/rx to see if reconnecting restored full control of all movement?
Check battery connections, voltages under load.
Try powering system with a standard 4.8v nicd instead of througha bec/esc.

It's kind of hard todiagnose with being there first hand.

Just a note ofCaution. Whenever you work on your helis, be it electric, gas, or glo always make sure your engine/motor cannot spool up. Gas and glo are easy don't have it running while your workingon it unless your working on the engine. Electric, always unplug2 wiresfrom your motor, and or disengage motor from maingear. Besafe and goodluck!

Aloha,
Les
Old 09-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Doug47

First of all, you already had signs that something wasn't right. You should not have tried to figure out what the problem with your collective was with your motor/engine running. It shouldn't have been necessary to have your motor/engine running.
Don't I know it !! That was entirely my fault. Quite a spectacular learning curve on these monsters.
I love them and have been having a ball, from gettting an MSR last November to fimally flying circuits on 450's, I still love it.
The big difference from 20 some years ago learning r/c planes was I had experienced teachers in person all the time, but around here there are VERY few r/c heli flyers and thats made it tough. Thank goodnes for these forums, but nothing replaces an in person expert.
It'll get figured out,never said it couldn't have been all me, we'll see. I'm just ready to get flying again. Doug
Old 09-07-2010, 12:32 AM
molokaiboy

Well Iam glad you didn't get seriously hurt. Another thing Iwould try is to reprogram everything again, you may have inadvertently changed something without you even knowing you did.

Good luck,
Les
Old 09-07-2010, 04:12 AM
Doug47

Found it !
Should be beaten with the dummy stick, but hold on pitch curve was at zero all the way across..
I dont know what happened with the sudden activity out of the motor event, but my money is on self infliction . Doug
Old 09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
molokaiboy

Well Iam glad you figured it out. Iwould still figure out why it spun up when coming out of Throttle Hold.

Aloha,
Les