RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   Lost another one today (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/10639037-lost-another-one-today.html)

AndyKunz 10-03-2011 10:56 AM

RE: Lost another one today

Based on the other comments people made here, I use a better BEC.

Andy

jimy1321 10-03-2011 06:48 PM

I think the  rc gods hate me ,as per previos post the foamy crashed ,no problemb I own superglue , I also own a katana s  ;My big idea was to put a rx in the Katana and go flying , put a 6210 in the katana bound it  programed it ,all is good except the motor wont start ,put a new motor ,still wont start ,must be a bad esc  put a used esc in it ,imediatly filled my house with smoke .I would assume it is junk seeing as I let the smoke out tried a new esc ,nothing ,hooked the whole mess up to the ar600 that crashed the sniper and walah the motor runs ,I dont trust the ar600 {crash dummy} sso we investigate the 6210 hooked a 4.8v rx batt to it with a futaba servo in the throttle slot ,works fine  ,but wiil not operate with a esc in the throttle slot ,all other servos work fine  In my mind if the rx works ad it will work with a servo it has no reason not to work with an esc right???????  I dont get it!!!! GOtta be some kind of voodoo curse  .  What do I need ?, chicken leg , spider venom , snake hair ,repent for my sins what????  I just want to fly .

BuschBarber 10-03-2011 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: jimy1321

I think the rc gods hate me ,as per previos post the foamy crashed ,no problemb I own superglue , I also own a katana s ;My big idea was to put a rx in the Katana and go flying , put a 6210 in the katana bound it programed it ,all is good except the motor wont start ,put a new motor ,still wont start ,must be a bad esc put a used esc in it ,imediatly filled my house with smoke .I would assume it is junk seeing as I let the smoke out tried a new esc ,nothing ,hooked the whole mess up to the ar600 that crashed the sniper and walah the motor runs ,I dont trust the ar600 {crash dummy} sso we investigate the 6210 hooked a 4.8v rx batt to it with a futaba servo in the throttle slot ,works fine ,but wiil not operate with a esc in the throttle slot ,all other servos work fine In my mind if the rx works ad it will work with a servo it has no reason not to work with an esc right??????? I dont get it!!!! GOtta be some kind of voodoo curse . What do I need ?, chicken leg , spider venom , snake hair ,repent for my sins what???? I just want to fly .
Some ESC's do not have BEC's and therefore do not supply power to the Rx. I have a Jeti Opto 40 Plus that requires an external BEC or an Rx battery.

jimy1321 10-03-2011 08:06 PM

This my issue with the esc plugged in I have rx power ie. ale ,rudd elev works fine but the motor wiil not run with this rx  ,throttle works with a regular servo but will not work with an esc  ; if the esc makes th rx power up and the rx makes a throttle servo work the rx should work with a esc I think???? Is there something there I'm not understanding??  I would think te esc is just supplying power through the throttle ch and the rest is kinda a rheosttat kinda thing I would assume?

BuschBarber 10-03-2011 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: jimy1321

This my issue with the esc plugged in I have rx power ie. ale ,rudd elev works fine but the motor wiil not run with this rx ,throttle works with a regular servo but will not work with an esc ; if the esc makes th rx power up and the rx makes a throttle servo work the rx should work with a esc I think???? Is there something there I'm not understanding?? I would think te esc is just supplying power through the throttle ch and the rest is kinda a rheosttat kinda thing I would assume?
Many ESC's are programmable and have a number of parameters that can be changed. Some you can program with a PC, others require the use of the Throttle Stick or a Programming Card. I had a friend that could not get his Eflite 10a ESC to power up his motor. I downloaded the manual and found that the ESC could be set to either a 2cell LiPo or a 3cell LiPo. I followed the instructions and reset the ESC. Now it works fine,

Check the ESC manual to see if it is programmable, and if so, what parameters you can change. Type of Cuttoff (Hard or Soft), Cuttoff Voltage, Brake, Timing, are some of the parameters you can change. Some ESC's have more. That may be the problem here. If your Rx is receiving power from the ESC, then it definitely has a built in BEC.

jimy1321 10-03-2011 08:37 PM

Thank's I'll try that that  makes the most sense at this point ,as I purchased the katana {built by someone else } as a rxr ,so there is no telling what was done  prior as far as programing the esc  Thanks .