RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   Let's talk DX18 here! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/11107417-lets-talk-dx18-here.html)

robertocasti10 03-25-2014 01:21 PM

what are the real benefits of doing upload os new software to 1.05? i didi it and have not seen much gained. please do a back up on sd card i forgot to do it and realized it when uploading new software and erased alllll of my plane configurations that i had in my dx18. it has been a huge problema but realice it was my mistake but have not seen anything that important gained from doing it

BarracudaHockey 03-25-2014 01:28 PM

The 250 models and the ability to sort models is fantastic and worth the upgrade.

Sorry you didn't read the directions and export all your models, its quite easy to do.

opjose 03-25-2014 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 11768186)
The 250 models and the ability to sort models is fantastic and worth the upgrade.

Yup. Good upgrade!

From the Upgrade notes:

New Features & Improvements
  • Added LCD contrast calibration on the Raw I/O screen. If your screen contrastafter the installation is not correct, hold down CLEAR and BACK as you power upthe radio. Adjust contrast with the roller until the LCD shows a good image.Click the roller to save the setting. The normal System Setting contrastadjustment may still be used if you prefer.

• The user is able to select an image for the model. From the Aircraft Type screenselect NEXT to access the feature.
  • Import File attempts to prevent rebinding when loaded into the same transmitter.
  • 250 model memory
  • 2/3-Position action is available for the Left/Right trimmers in Acro and Sailmodes.
  • GPS supports a “home” altitude. This cannot be used to generate an alarm atthis time, but it does make it easier to understand altitude above ground level. Atthe GPS status screen, press CLEAR to set the altitude to 0.
  • Telemetry “Settings” menu has new option to auto-populate the list of sensorsreporting from the model at the current time.
  • Telemetry logging now supports push-on/push-off toggling on momentaryswitches.
  • Added LCD contrast calibration on the Raw I/O screen. If your screen contrastafter the installation is not correct, hold down CLEAR and BACK as you power upthe radio. Adjust contrast with the roller until the LCD shows a good image.Click the roller to save the setting. The normal System Setting contrastadjustment may still be used if you prefer.
  • Does not show hidden Mac files and directories in file lists
  • Added ability to create mixes to channels which were moved using the ChannelAssignment feature.
  • Flow across Flight Mode editing screens is now consistent.
  • Full support for the Spektrum Vario SPM9589
Corrections
  • When using wired trainer, channel 9 is now forced to the Master/Instructor radio.When using wireless trainer, this is not the case.
  • Model warnings now import/export correctly
  • Pressing CLEAR on the low voltage alarm setpoint will now select theappropriate low voltage based on battery type
  • Improves connection reliability (same as 1.04D).
  • Improved translations in multiple languages.
  • Do not give telemetry warnings when in Range Test mode.
  • Wiggling switches does not cause a displayed switch to temporarily change
  • Trim Include available on Throttle mixes
  • Heli Cyclic to Throttle mix now works properly when trims are adjusted. This mayaffect the performance of your helicopter if you are using this mix now. Pleaseverify the new behavior before flight.
  • Analog throttle trim is properly displayed on the main screen.
  • Slider trim input directions are reversible.
  • 4-servo swash now properly protects all swash channels from be re-assigned.
  • PowerBox telemetry warnings now show text for the fault.
  • Added blinking boxes around Acro/Sail trim settings that were missing them.
  • Changing the sailplane icon does not reset servo information any more.
  • Corrected the display of the current flight mode in the Flight Mode Namesscreen, and changed the flow to remove redundancy with the Flight Mode Setupscreens.
  • User-defined warning settings would be changed during import due to an error in the exported file. Be sure to verify Warning settings when importing a model.

robertocasti10 03-30-2014 07:21 PM

People be careful!! did my update and today while making approach with my aermacchi both times my radio brought my throttle trim down all the way by its self. When i brought my throttle stick down to zero my turbine went out both times. This had never happened. Andy could you tell me whats going on? Could have crashed my 5thousand dollar jet cause this had never happened till today and this is going on by its self. Can i go back to 1.04 instead of 1.05? Not a very good update!!!!! More problems than benefits! ! Be very careful people!! Need urgent feedback if anybody knows what's going on and what i can do about it!!

AndyKunz 03-31-2014 06:21 AM

Hi Roberto,

This is the first report of this. Can you please provide your SPM file?

Thanks.

Andy

robertocasti10 03-31-2014 06:33 AM

How do i make it availabe to you? I've been calling horizon hobby but nobody answers the phones. Do you have a number i could call you just to explain over the phone my experience and you guys can see what can be done.

czorzella 03-31-2014 06:36 AM

It is on page 11 of user manual.

Installing the SD Card
The included SD Card enables you to:
• Import (copy) models from another DX18 transmitter
• Export (transfer) models to another DX18 transmitter
• Update AirWare™ software in the transmitter
To install the SD Card:
1. Power off the transmitter.
2. Remove the battery door.
3. Press the SD Card into the card slot with the card label
facing upward.
4. Install the battery door.

This is from page 21:

Export All Models
To export all models to the SD Card:
1. Select Export All Models in the SD Card Menu options. The
Export All Models screen appears.
IMPORTANT:Export All Models will overwrite any model
fi les that are:
a. Already saved on the SD Card and
b. You are exporting a model fi le with the same
name. Always save model fi les to a different SD
Card if you are not sure.
2. Select Export to overwrite fi les on the SD Card or Cancel to
return to the SD Card Menu.

robertocasti10 03-31-2014 06:37 AM

Andy can i go back to 1.04? Im not happy at all with new upgrade!! Will not be flying with a positive state of mind!!

AndyKunz 03-31-2014 06:51 AM

Put it in a ZIP file and attach here. RCU doesn't allow direct attachment like RCG does, which is part of why I usually do support over there instead of here.

Andy

AndyKunz 03-31-2014 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by robertocasti10 (Post 11772560)
Andy can i go back to 1.04? Im not happy at all with new upgrade!! Will not be flying with a positive state of mind!!

We do not have a de-convert capability to go back to 1.04.

Can you please note what problem you are having, so I can work you through it? I have been flying this in my DX18 since last summer except for a few bug fixes, and I'm not having any problems.

Andy

BarracudaHockey 03-31-2014 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by AndyKunz (Post 11772573)
Put it in a ZIP file and attach here. RCU doesn't allow direct attachment like RCG does, which is part of why I usually do support over there instead of here.

Andy

I've put that in as a suggestion. I'll let you know what they say. I also told Sleepy about it on FG

opjose 03-31-2014 08:38 AM

I've seen no problems as well... however I redefined all of my plane setups after the upgrade.

Wasn't there some discussion on another thread or forum about resetting the throttle trims after the upgrade?

robertocasti10 03-31-2014 12:00 PM

Yesterday i was flying my aermacchi with a k100. As i was about to land i went to zero on my throttle stick and turbine flamed out. I thought it was turbine failure but when i put computer it said user shutdown obviously i would never shut down turbine while in the air. As i was walking towards the plane i saw my dx18 had trim all the way down. Afte a few seconds trim went all the way up again by itself. Flew one more time and same thing happened. I have timer for 6 mins and thought maybe timer was doing this but then inhibited timer on the ground and tried with a full tank of gas and after turbine initialized 3 mins passed and i saw trim had gone down by itself again. Turbine did not go off since i had not brought down mi throttle stick. This has happened 3 times in one day just after upgrading to 1.05. Is there a timer and trim mix of some kind which would be extremely dumb!! Or any different programing i have to do on my dx18?

AndyKunz 03-31-2014 12:14 PM

PLEASE ATTACH YOUR SPM FILE! This will tell me so much more. It will take me 10 seconds to identify if I had the file, and 100 messages without it.

I can't emphasize enough, I really need the SPM file to be able to help you.

Andy

robertocasti10 03-31-2014 12:38 PM

As soon as i can ill be sending it. I dont have my radio near by. Thx for the quick response Andy.

4ptroll 03-31-2014 01:39 PM

I only have one comment.

FrSky Taranus. End of discussion.!

robertocasti10 03-31-2014 04:37 PM

andy the file is too large to be attached here i already zipped it but when sending it it says it is too large of a file

czorzella 03-31-2014 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by robertocasti10 (Post 11772975)
andy the file is too large to be attached here i already zipped it but when sending it it says it is too large of a file

Are you sure that you selected only the SPM file? Perhaps you did select the TLM which is the telemetry file and possibly a much larger file.....

robertocasti10 03-31-2014 05:11 PM

It says spmtx105 but thats the only filenon sd card. Do you recomend me trying to install file again? I have sent the file to my email would you pm me with your email so that i can send it to you?

robertocasti10 03-31-2014 05:33 PM

In throttle the trim has to be in common digital or fmode digital?

AndyKunz 03-31-2014 05:40 PM

Trim should be Common for the throttle.

Here's how you make the SPM file.

Go to the SD Interface menu (hold roller when booting, then bottom of the list).

Put an SD card in the radio. In a couple seconds you will be able to select Option. Set it to Export Model. Click.

Answer any prompts.

When it finishes, you will be back at the SD menu.

Pop the card out. Check in your PC. You will now have a file with a name 001~modelname.spm or something like that. That's the file you want to send me.

Andy

Corsair2013 04-05-2014 01:16 PM

Does anyone know if the 18T will be available in the US? If so, when?

Thanks

Keith

AndyKunz 04-05-2014 01:17 PM

The web page says it's EU-only.

Andy

czorzella 04-05-2014 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by AndyKunz (Post 11776309)
The web page says it's EU-only.

Andy

:(

orthobird 04-18-2014 05:14 PM

anyone know if DX 18 can be bound to 4 receivers at one time? reason i ask, my friend has a 60% bill hempel L4 he is putting together, and he is wanting to use 4 receivers, 4 radio battery packs, and 4 regulators. he has been able to bind all 4 receivers to his DX 8, but he would prefer to use his DX 18, but no luck in binding all 4. does anyone have any suggestions?