RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   New DX6e compatibility (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/11634574-new-dx6e-compatibility.html)

buzzard bait 12-01-2016 04:10 PM

New DX6e compatibility

Will the new DX6e transmitter bind with...

1) The Hobbyzone Champ?

2) The Hobbyzone Sport Cub S?

3) The Parkzone Sukhoi 26 micro?

4) DSM2 receivers?

Thanks

AndyKunz 12-02-2016 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by buzzard bait (Post 12282236)
Will the new DX6e transmitter bind with...

1) The Hobbyzone Champ?

2) The Hobbyzone Sport Cub S?

3) The Parkzone Sukhoi 26 micro?

4) DSM2 receivers?

Thanks

1 - Yes.

2 - Yes.

3 - Yes, in the USA. No in Europe. It's DSM2.

4 - Yes, in the USA. No in Europe. As of 1 Jan 2015, DSM2 is outlawed in Europe.

Andy

buzzard bait 12-02-2016 01:57 PM

Thank you Andy.

Jim

freechip 12-06-2016 10:44 AM

If you are ugrading to the DX6e from a DX6i you will surely enjoy this new radio. It has some very nice featuresone of which I wish my DX18 had. The On/Off switch is awesome.

Push to Power On
Push/Hold to Power Off

The next great feature is the ability to change gimbal spring configurations simply by moving a slider switch on the back of the transmitter. If you're an airplane guy who has quads and want to fly them with the throttle stick spring loaded a single slide of that switch gets you into that mode.

buzzard bait 12-06-2016 01:09 PM

Thanks, it's nice to hear that people like it. My main interest now would be the wireless buddy box function.

I just fixed my DX6i using a youtube video on cleaning a pot to restore a function and it worked, so I'm not in the market yet. But if I understand correctly, a DX6e could connect as an instructor Tx wirelessly to the the DX6i serving as the slave. I was surprised by this because I had no idea that the DX6i had the capability. I guess the thing to do is to make sure it will work that way by slaving it to someone else's Tx.

If that works, then I think there's a DX6e in my future, because I would love to be able to do wireless buddy box. Also, I wouldn't have to worry about the reliability of my fixed DX6i because it would just be the slave and I could override if anything went wrong.

I got the DX6i just so I could do indoor micro in the winter, so I'm only flying micros with it and if it fails I'm only controlling a 1 1/2 oz model. If I got the DX6e it would become my outdoor training system, with the DX6i.

Jim

freechip 12-06-2016 01:17 PM

It is NOT the DX6i that has the function but rather the Master/instructor radio that would have WLT function. The DX6i being the slave would simply be binding to the WLT function AKA built in receiver in the master radio for wireless trainer function.

Your DX6i won't even know it is not boud to a model but a Tx instead.

buzzard bait 12-06-2016 01:47 PM

Oh, I'm having trouble understanding this. It sounds like it would work like this:

1. The DX6e is bound to the model.
2. The DX6i is bound to the DX6e.
3. When the instructor holds down the trainer switch on the DX6e, the receiver in the 'e' picks up the inputs from the 'i' that the student makes and transmits the student's inputs through the DX6e to the model.

Have I got it? If I understand correctly then there is no need to test my DX6i to see if it works as a slave because the fact that it can bind to a model means it can also bind to the 'e', correct?

If I've got this right, this makes the DX6e very attractive to me, for next summer. I'm an instructor and I'm sick of trying to manage the trainer cord with another transmitter at the other end. Training would be much easier with a wireless connection.

Thanks much,
Jim

AndyKunz 12-06-2016 02:00 PM

And even better...

The instructor can change to a toggle switch instead of having to hold down the pushbutton. When he moves his sticks, he automatically regains control from you, and then cycles the switch to return control to you.

I was in charge of instruction at our club when I developed that feature. I made it work the way I wanted, and there have been almost perfect acceptance since then.

Andy

buzzard bait 12-06-2016 02:48 PM

Sounds like a great idea, but I'd have to change my ways. I always move the stick while the student is flying, but I move it the way I would go if I were in control. That way if I decide to take over, the sticks are already in the right place and the model instantly snaps out of whatever predicament the student got into.

But I do get tired of holding down that da....d switch, so I might consider it.

Jim

AndyKunz 12-06-2016 02:54 PM

I had to change my ways, but I'll never go back to holding down a button.

The old DX7 used one of the trimmers at the top to put it in trainer mode. Talk about PAINFUL!

Andy

freechip 12-08-2016 04:16 AM

I did sort of trainer, I was more a backup pilot just in case he got confused or something. Having the ability to toggle in Trainer Function and have the sticks return control to me was just super easy and simple. I'm a pincher and I just had my fingers ready to go.

I'm sure once you try it, you won't want to go back.