RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   Programming Xbus for 28x and xb1-cv4 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/11639240-programming-xbus-28x-xb1-cv4.html)

AUS50518 05-26-2017 01:55 AM

Programming Xbus for 28x and xb1-cv4

i have a XB1-CV4 converter harness to with 613 rx and driven by a 28x.
i have selected Xbus mode A in the Tx and set the rx to Xbus mode.
i am having trouble setting the channel and sub channels via the 28x. I wish to use the converter to drive the wing servos (non Xbus) for a 4 servo setup. 1 aileron and 1 flap each wing. I have set that wing type in the 28x.

Can someone give me a step by step or point me to a YouTube video.

thanks
John

bjw4072 05-27-2017 04:19 PM

Here is how to do it.
On transmitter, set to X-bus mode-A
Bind Rx to Tx
Plug converter cable into Xbus port on the Rx. To confirm what you are doing, plug servos into converter cable.
By default (from factory) the converter outputs are all programmed to throttle (01-01), (01-02), (01-03, (01-04)
if you have the 4-port converter.
On Tx go to "Xbus Setting", then "Servo/Converter"
Move throttle stick on Tx to confirm all servos move with throttle stick. If not press "ID Reset" that
does factory reset back to throttle on all output plugs.
(a) For example lets change plug "1" output from (01-01), to (02-01) aileron channel (02) sub-ID (01),
Top left buttons should read (01-01) If not set it to (01-01)) That is the current channel ID for plug "1"
Below left are buttons that also probably read (01-01). Set these to whatever servo channel you want.
In this example we set it to (02-01).
Press "SET". Should then get brief message "SUCCESS" and top left buttons will change to (02-01).
If you now move TX aileron stick you should see servo on plug "1" move.
(b) Now lets assume you want to program plug "2" for elevator (channel 3)
Set top left buttons to 01 and 02 (02-01). Then set lower left buttons to (03-01).
Press "SET" button. Now plug "2" should move with elevator stick.

You can set up to four servos on each channel. For example if you want two servos on elevator
(one on each half), you should program one converter output as (03-01) and the other as (03-02).
The direction and sub-trim can be set for each servo separately.

Hope this helps

bjw4072 05-27-2017 04:42 PM

Sorry, in my last message the text "Set top left buttons to 01 and 02 (02-01)"
should read "Set top left buttons to 01 and 02 (01-02)"

AUS50518 05-27-2017 05:31 PM

It works!
if I want to change parameters eg reverse after initial setting I get a time out error.
if I perform an ID reset, which resets all outputs, i can change parameters if I do it before "setting" the new ID.
is this normal or have I missed something.
thanks for you advice.

bjw4072 05-27-2017 07:07 PM

Here is how you change servo parameters.
For example, assume you have already programmed one converter output to (02-01)
and you want to reverse the servo.
First go to "Xbus settings" then "servo/converter screen".
In top left of screen, select servo ID that you want to change parameters. In this case CH2-01
Then go to next page (touch > arrow on right side of screen)
Press "Reverse" then press "SET" (just above the Reverse button).
(I think that pressing the "SET" button stores and keeps the changed parameter after receiver power
is removed).
That should work.

PS: I see you are from Melbourne Aus. I am in US but orginally from Adelaide and my wife from Geelong.
I visit both places often.

AUS50518 05-27-2017 08:58 PM

Will try again. Maybe I didn't have ID's set correctly. Even if I have to fully reprogram to change a parameter I can do it. Not efficient but after initial setup it shouldn't need to be changed.

we visited Alaska, including Fairbanks, last August and loved it! Hopefully we can visit again.

warbird_1 10-23-2017 04:20 AM

the Wasp 07-08-2019 10:37 AM

help/ JR XBus setup problems

guys, I can not get my TX/RX to recognize my XBus 4 port converter,
I have tried everything, this includes 2 new RX, and 2 new XBus 4 Port Converter Cables,,

the LED lights on the 4 Port Converter wont come on and the TX keeps telling me "Time Out" when I click "Set"

TX) JR XG 8
RX) JR RG812BX

if I plug a servo into the RX's XBus Port (bottom left port) the servo works off the Gear Switch, but when I plug the 4 Port Converter into that RX port the Converter's LED light wont come on, and when I click "Set" in the XBus programming I keep getting a "Time Out"
I am wondering if it has something to do with the Device Select programming, but I did try different settings

BTW, my XG8 is only 2 years old, it has the updated programming with more XBus Programming Pages than the older XG8 has.. I also believe it has more pages for Device Select Programming than the older XG8..

let me tell you, the JR Manual has nothing in it about XBus

thanks Guys !!
Jim

AWorrest 07-08-2019 12:59 PM

Do you have the instruction sheet for your RG812BX receiver? If the XBus port on your receiver can drive an ordinary servo, the port hasn’t been changed from being an ordinary PWM servo port to being an XBus port. I don't have the instruction sheet in front of me but as I recall, there is an LED in the receiver that indicates if the port is being used as an XBus or not.

Allan

the Wasp 07-08-2019 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by AWorrest (Post 12536244)
Do you have the instruction sheet for your RG812BX receiver? If the XBus port on your receiver can drive an ordinary servo, the port hasn’t been changed from being an ordinary PWM servo port to being an XBus port. I don't have the instruction sheet in front of me but as I recall, there is an LED in the receiver that indicates if the port is being used as an XBus or not.

Allan

thank you, so to change that it would in "Device Select" , correct ??

Jim

the Wasp 07-08-2019 01:36 PM

ho, I see,, "switching Plug"

thanks

Jim

the Wasp 07-08-2019 02:06 PM

thank you !! I have that fixed

Jim

warbird_1 07-08-2019 02:32 PM