RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   JR 28X screen unresponsive to touch (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/11654653-jr-28x-screen-unresponsive-touch.html)

stuntpilot67 09-26-2018 11:25 AM

JR 28X screen unresponsive to touch

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if any 28x users have had a problem with their screens being unresponsive to touch? Got the radio out today to go flying, it booted up ok after a full charge, screen displaying normally but when I went to change models was unable too, screen jumps around a little but unable to change menus, buttons on side of screen work but that's it.
I recycled the power switch numerous times, plugged the charger into it again initiating a full re boot, tried disconnection both batteries for extended periods, no luck. removed and reinserted the memory card, no luck, tried another memory card from my other 28x nil fix.
Contacted Richo from Radio RC Depot in Australia, his suggestion was to reload the software, but you need the screen to do that so any suggestions would be appreciated before a trip back to Japan for my radio cheers.

stuntpilot67 10-03-2018 09:51 PM

28x screen unresponsive to touch

After contacting our JR representative here in Australia, we deemed it necessary to send it back to Japan to be looked at as I was unable to re load the software without the screen be operative. As a precaution, I bought a new scandisk 16 gb card to copy the card info to using my pc so as not to loose my model memories if something happened to the card. By chance I inserted the blank card into the radio and powered it up. The radio booted up and now I found I had limited screen access, but I still had screen issues with doubling of functions with some being faded out slightly. As I then played with it for a while, full functionality came back. I then copied my model memories to the new card. Re booted the radio, no problems. Plugged in the charger for a minute to allow a full reboot, fired up again ok...… I had previously tried the SD card from my other 28x radio without success. Reinserted the original SD card fired up ok, no probs, plugged in the charger again to initialize from scratch no probs. Now all back to normal go figure.... I wonder if this was caused by allowing the main batteries to discharge too much during the off season, I try to charge them regularly as older JR sets if left on the memory battery required a re flash from out service agent as well as memory battery replacement.
Hope this helps someone else cheers Stunt Pilot 67.

stuntpilot67 10-09-2018 01:33 PM

28x screen unresponsive to touch

Hi Guys,
Booted up my 28x this morning, and guess what, screen not working again when touching. Inserted a spare SD card and after the power pack plug in, restarted from full boot. As previously, came back up with limited functionality but after a while got to the software re load screen and re loaded the version 6 software. (I previously saved all model data to the SD card)
No problems as yet after re load will keep you posted.
(I noticed that on the JR web site that previous versions of 28x software is unavailable to download, only version 6) I wonder if there will be any further development of the software for the 28x?

Zeeb 10-10-2018 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by stuntpilot67 (Post 12469342)
(I noticed that on the JR web site that previous versions of 28x software is unavailable to download, only version 6) I wonder if there will be any further development of the software for the 28x?

Word has it that Dee Force is having issues trying to get the 28X software up to speed. From what I've seen about the 28X, software was always an issue with that radio. I've also seen mention of Dee Force hiring old JR engineers to try and straighten things out. Get a hold of Jtec and ask them if there is any update to the 28X issues.

Mavpro 11-08-2018 07:28 AM

I have har some occations with less response om my screen, but never like you describe. My latest issue, is losing the input setup, curves and FM's from one day to the next. All I did, was change to another model and back again. Also, å fella has had some occasions where he lost his expos on å setup. Quite annoying if this happens two minutes before you are next pilot in a competition.