RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   783 withy V-Tail and Flaparons Also (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/1880294-783-withy-v-tail-flaparons-also.html)

BillPTC 06-07-2004 10:42 AM

783 withy V-Tail and Flaparons Also

Danny;
I too have been trying to reprogram my 783 radio for electric glider with ailerons.
Used Glider mode and activiated V-tail and dual. Used Channels 2 and 5 for ailerons. Ever thing is working great. Now I want to set up ailerons to work as spoilers.
Please help on setting up the program mix and activating switch/knob.
Also want to mix rudder to ailerons, that is when I move aileron stick the rudder also moves, need a switch to turn off and on.
Help again.
Bill

dsnyder 06-08-2004 10:43 AM

RE: 783 withy V-Tail and Flaparons Also

For the spoilers there are a few different ways you can set this up. They will be active on the spoiler knob for trim already, unless you go to the POT.X (X being the channel number) function and inhibit it. All the knobs have pre-assigned functions in glider mode and there isn't a way to re-assign them. You can set this up as spoilers with the throttle stick in the Spoiler mix function. You can also set up a mix to put this on a switch. To do this, set up a program mix, I would use mix A-D for this mix, mixing channel 5 to channel 5, assign the mix to the switch of your choice by pressing the channel key until the mix says SW, then press + or - to set as desired. Now press the channel key once to get back to the main mix screen. Flip the switch to the on position, and set the rate as desired.

To set it up so when you move the aileron stick the rudder moves, set up a aileron to rudder mix again using one of the mixes A-D, assign to the switch of your choice just like above, and set the rate as desired.

BillPTC 06-08-2004 12:56 PM

Danny;
Sounds good, will work on it tonight. Hopefully this is the last of set ups for the three diferent planes I had on radio before dead battery. This time I will make mutiple copies of my TX settings.
Thanks for patience and time.
Bill

dsnyder 06-08-2004 02:18 PM

No problem Bill! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

BillPTC 06-10-2004 08:17 AM

Danny;
The Ailerons to Rudder mix (used “D”) and switch works great.
The Flaperon was a no go.
Followed instructions using Mix “A” program 5 to 5 and switch assigned and then % filled in. Get nothing, no movement.
Recap: Glider mode, throttle(1) is for electric motor, V-tail active(3&4) with Dual also active or inactive has no effect, ailerons is 2 and 5, program “D” for 2 to 4 active with 25% and switch to turn off and on.
Everything functional except flaperon switch will not move ailerons up or down.
HELP
Bill

dsnyder 06-10-2004 10:49 AM

I assume that you have the POT inhibited? If so, go to the POT.X function, re-activate POT.5, go back to your program mix, press the channel key until the screen says OFFSET under the channel numbers. Then rotate the pot all the way to the - mark, and press CLR/STORE. This should enter a value on the screen, this system says -170, but the exact value of the offset is not critical. Then return to the POT.X function and re-inhibit the pot. That should correct that issue.