RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   Frustration with programming on Ultra sticks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/477767-frustration-programming-ultra-sticks.html)

Red Baron Gary 01-13-2003 02:47 AM

Frustration with programming on Ultra sticks

Danny: Have read both of the programming setups for both my 40 u-stick and the 1.20 u-stick through and through before attempting to do the quad wing style set-up. After three frustating attmepts with my JR 8103, (was not able get beyond flap functions, I re-read the manual.
Again I went through each step as outlined to again find myself in the same frustating boat.
Have compared both the 40 manual and the 1.20 manual, have noted differences in the setups even though both planes are of the same wing configuration.
Is there an update to the manuals?
Have downloaded both 1.,20 and 40 manual from HH web site, these too are different from what came with my airplanes. (They are among the first shipped.)
Checked the HH web site recentlyand have noted that the manual that is now listed (common) for all ultra sticks is the for the 1.20 model.
Need all of the help that I can get here as some of the other flyers at my field are experiencing the same problems and have gone to single aileron wing when using 8103.
However, the one flyer who has had NO problem owns a 652.
Is there any updates that I need?
Thanking you in advance for your time on this matter,
Gary Smith :confused: :confused:

dsnyder 01-13-2003 02:15 PM

Below is a set of steps that usually helps the set up of the ultra stick with the 8103. If you have any further questions or problems please feel free to give one of our techs a call at 877-504-0233.

8103 Program modification for Ultra Stick

1. Go to Function List
2. Go to D/Flap T.
3. Activate Pot 6 (flap)
4. Go to a Program Mix (any mix but 1 or 2) 3 or 4 would be best
5. Set up Flap-to-Flap mix (flap switch should be on LAND pos.)
6. Turn flap pot to full negative value.
7. Select "Offset" in the mix and press Clear/Store button (the offset value should be between -171 and -222)
8. Go to D/Flap T. and set Pot 6 to INH
9. Return to your Flap-to-Flap mix
10. With flap switch in top (ELEV) position, adjust the upper rate value until the flaps are level.

Red Baron Gary 01-13-2003 05:49 PM

Frustration with U-stick programming

Danny: thank you very much for your prompt reply. will program the corrections you have given a.s.a.p.
Thanks a bundle again,
Gary Smith

ml3456 01-13-2003 08:14 PM

When you program it this way, I think you will change the operation of the flap switch. ( Danny, help here. Someone at Horizon help me set mine up this way) The center will be set up for neutral now. Remove the servo arm before you do anything.
ML

dsnyder 01-13-2003 08:30 PM

Set up as described above will have no flaps with the switch up, takeoff flaps in center, and crow in the bottom position. This can be changed however to the same operation as you described. There are a couple possibilities there.

bentgear 01-18-2003 10:01 PM

Danny, would it be possible to get info such as this added to your website as addendum's to the support section of the planes description. This is one area where I think your competitor GP has you beat.
Ed M.

dsnyder 01-20-2003 03:47 PM

This is one area we have been working on, that is getting more info on our web site, and hopefully in the near future we will have a lot more information available on our site. Stay tuned! Thank you for the feedback!