RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   setting crow mix? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/483486-setting-crow-mix.html)

Aggie-Pilot 01-15-2003 02:18 PM

setting crow mix?

I am trying to set up the Ultra Stick 40 with crow mixing. I am using a JR-8103. I believe that I have set everything according to the manual that came with the plane, however when I flip the down flap for the crow both the ailerons and flaps go up, when the flaps should go down. I reversed the servos for the flaps and it fixed the crow problem, but it created another problem. Now, when I mix the Ailerons and Flaps to work as Ailerons they are all staggered.

Does any body know what I have done to cause this problem

Keith

dsnyder 01-15-2003 03:11 PM

setting crow mix?

I've attached a modification below that you can do that I believe will help you out. If you have any further questions or problems, please feel free to give one of our techs a call at 877-504-0233.

8103 Program modification for Ultra Stick

1. Go to Function List
2. Go to D/Flap T.
3. Activate Pot 6 (flap)
4. Go to a Program Mix (any mix but 1 or 2) 3 or 4 would be best
5. Set up Flap-to-Flap mix (flap switch should be on LAND pos.)
6. Turn flap pot to full negative value.
7. Select "Offset" in the mix and press Clear/Store button (the offset value should be between -171 and -222)
8. Go to D/Flap T. and set Pot 6 to INH
9. Return to your Flap-to-Flap mix
10. With flap switch in top (ELEV) position, adjust the upper rate value until the flaps are level.

Aggie-Pilot 01-16-2003 02:21 PM

setting crow mix?

Danny:

Thanks for the info for setting the crow mix, it worked. I have one more question. The manual for the Ultra Stick 40 explains how to set up the ailerons to flap mix where the flaps work with the ailerons. They recomend using the mix switch. They also explain how to mix the elevator and flaps recomending to set this function up on the mix switch also. If I understand it correctly, by having both of these functions on the same switch they will both be actived when the switch is on. Is there a way of setting things up so that the elevator to flap mix is on a switch or switches that will not affect any other mixes. Basically, I would like to be able to turn on one mix at a time.

Keith

dsnyder 01-16-2003 08:06 PM

setting crow mix?

To do this, you would have to set up a separate program mix, as the pre-set up mixes for elevator to flap and aileron to flap only give you the choice of the mix switch or the flap switch. You could just move one of the mixes to a program mix, for instance do a mix aileron to flap, assign it to the switch of your choice in the mix, and set the rate as needed.