RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   RX imtermittant faults (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/488464-rx-imtermittant-faults.html)

titch 01-17-2003 01:36 PM

RX imtermittant faults

Hi guys I have a question which is casuing me a little concern. I have been given a JR 649 s reciever which has a history of intermitant faults. I used it in my home for a couple of months with no problems and decided to use it in a plane. it worked brilliantly and gave rock steady performance and pased all the obvious safety checks. However the following week I switched on and it was dead. However after removing and reinserting the xtal it was restored to health and flew perfectly. I have cleaned the xtal pins and they were definatley dirty. However I dont quite know what to do next. I have checked it for obvious faults and cant see any. It is working fine at the moment and has previously been checked by JR service center and pronounced okay so I cant see the point of sending a working reciever back. It would be different if it had stopped working- there would be a definate fault to repair. Any one had a similar experience and any ideas on where to go. i am currently testing it in a cheap hack aircraft

dsnyder 01-17-2003 04:28 PM

RX imtermittant faults

I would say the best bet would be to send in the transmitter and the receiver and have the techs check them out together. It does sound like there may be a problem with the receiver, I would have it checked out again to be sure that it is ok.

Slug 01-17-2003 04:48 PM

RX imtermittant faults

Assuming you were given the receiver for little or no cost there is nothing much lost by binning it and getting a new one.

I would not use this receiver.

What price if it causes the write off of a decent model?

Simon.

titch 01-17-2003 05:04 PM

RX imtermittant faults

Thanks guys you have confirmed what I suspected. I will mark the reciver as test use only and will use if for a steerable launching dolly which I need anyway. I have some sympathy for manufacturers when they are face with these intermitant faults. I guess we have all come across this sort of problem and it just isnt worth risking a model. I have found such recivers very useful for setting up models so it will still earn its keep.

titch 01-17-2003 05:08 PM

RX imtermittant faults

Thanks guys you have confirmed what I suspected. I have some sympathy for manufacturers when they are face with these intermitant faults. I guess we have all come across this sort of problem and it just isnt worth risking a model. I have found such receivers very useful for setting up models so it will still earn its keep. I will mark the receiver as test use only and will eventually use if for a steerable launching dolly which I need a receiver for anyway. :)