RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JR Radio & Spektrum Radios (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/)
-   -   DX6i manual (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-radio-spektrum-radios-116/6518621-dx6i-manual.html)

Joe69 10-21-2007 09:29 AM

DX6i manual

Danny,
Where can we get the DX6i manual?

max-nix 10-21-2007 09:47 AM

RE: DX6i manual

Free D/L

http://www.modelflight.com.au/manual...dx6_manual.pdf

It's an Adobe pdf file so you need the Adobe Reader (also a free D/L. google for it.):D

Bob F

thef 10-21-2007 06:04 PM

max-nix, DX6i !!!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6600
Joe69, I think when the manual will be ready, we can find it in a support tab on Horizon DX6i page

dsnyder 10-29-2007 08:48 AM

Correct, the manual will be online when available.

Joe69 11-02-2007 12:02 AM

Hi Danny,
Why take so long to post the PDF manual?
BTW the video clip is very very slow -> http://spektrumrc.com/Articles/Artic...ID=1729&Page=1
unable to know what Spektrum guy is talking. Where can I get the faster link?

p/s I hope DX6i is programmed with actual electronic limit in the Travel Adjust for each servo.

dsnyder 11-02-2007 08:29 AM

I'm not sure the status on the manual, but the systems are not yet shipping. The manual will be available when possible.

jonlowe 11-26-2007 06:47 PM

The DX6i manual is up on the Horizon website. Unfortunately, the SPEKTRUM ad in the Jan 08 issue of Model Airplane News considerably overstates its capabilities. The ad says it has Rudder-Aileron, Rudder-elevator, Aileron-rudder, and dual elevator mixes. It has NONE of the above built in. You have to use the two (and only two) programmable mixes to get any of the above, and obviously, you can't get all of them with only two mixes. The way the ad is written, listing those mixes together with built-in mixes such as a delta, dual aileron, flap-elevator and a v-tail mix, which ARE built in, is very deceptive at best.

The ad also says it has both model copy and model transfer. It only has model copy, from one memory location to another in the transmitter. It doesn't have model transfer from one transmitter to another.

I don't know much about helicopters, but the ad says it has 1 servo, 3-servo 120-deg, and 3-servo 90-deg swash types. It only has 1 servo and 120 degree 3 servo swash types, according to the manual.

In this day and age, there is NO reason why every computer transmitter shouldn't have dual elevator, throttle curve, and knife edge mixes (rudder-elevator, and rudder aileron) built in, especially when the ad says it is good for 3-d flying. The helicopter settings have throttle curves, so obviously the capability is already in the programming, and the built in swash plate mixes says it could have more built in mixes in the airplane mode. Heck, the helicopter guys even get modes. Variable trim rates also need to be included. Very useful after intial setup to go to finer trim changes.

I find this very disappointing. The ad had me hyped up to buy one. Oh, well. SPEKTRUM needs to get their ad writers under control.

dsnyder 11-27-2007 09:29 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the DX6i is a very capable system for the average sport/3D flyer as it was intended to be. It is a very good system for the price. With the features you desire, a higher end system would be required.

Please keep in mind that this forum is not for open discussion, only the original thread starter and myself should post.

jonlowe 11-27-2007 09:29 PM

I just believe people should know your ad is incorrect at best.

Jon

FlyinLo 12-01-2007 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: jonlowe

The DX6i manual is up on the Horizon website. Unfortunately, the SPEKTRUM ad in the Jan 08 issue of Model Airplane News considerably overstates its capabilities. The ad says it has Rudder-Aileron, Rudder-elevator, Aileron-rudder, and dual elevator mixes. It has NONE of the above built in. You have to use the two (and only two) programmable mixes to get any of the above, and obviously, you can't get all of them with only two mixes. The way the ad is written, listing those mixes together with built-in mixes such as a delta, dual aileron, flap-elevator and a v-tail mix, which ARE built in, is very deceptive at best.

The ad also says it has both model copy and model transfer. It only has model copy, from one memory location to another in the transmitter. It doesn't have model transfer from one transmitter to another.

I don't know much about helicopters, but the ad says it has 1 servo, 3-servo 120-deg, and 3-servo 90-deg swash types. It only has 1 servo and 120 degree 3 servo swash types, according to the manual.

In this day and age, there is NO reason why every computer transmitter shouldn't have dual elevator, throttle curve, and knife edge mixes (rudder-elevator, and rudder aileron) built in, especially when the ad says it is good for 3-d flying. The helicopter settings have throttle curves, so obviously the capability is already in the programming, and the built in swash plate mixes says it could have more built in mixes in the airplane mode. Heck, the helicopter guys even get modes. Variable trim rates also need to be included. Very useful after intial setup to go to finer trim changes.

I find this very disappointing. The ad had me hyped up to buy one. Oh, well. SPEKTRUM needs to get their ad writers under control.
Jon,
I don't know much about mixes but I have a couple comments nonetheless.

Rudder-Aileron I assume gives a bit of aileron if you give rudder input on the sticks. Does this give opposite aileron for knife edge flying?
Aileron-rudder I assume gives a bit of rudder if you give aileron input on the sticks. That one might actually be useful for fluid, scale flying.
Rudder-elevator.... again, I can assume what this is, but I can't see a need for that unless you're doing knife edge stuff.
Dual elevator.... what is that? Two servos, one for left elevator and one for right? ... for larger models?

These missing features, are they all included in the DX7? So is the DX6i really a dumbed down version and not just a DX7 with one less channel?

dsnyder 12-03-2007 09:47 AM

You are correct on the mixing. Different systems have different features. The DX6i is a new ground up development, it is a very good sport level system.

jim_geo7 05-31-2009 10:07 PM

I have a question that I've been trying to figure out all day. I recently bought a Blade 400 3D. I've been messing with it before flying it just to check out the trim and have discovered that there doesn't seem to be any mix of inputs for the swash plate. I've checked theradio (a DX6i) and have gone to the Horizon hobby web site where I found a video which featured new settings for the radio. So, I followed along with the video making the changes as the guy in the video made them. It was at the very end of the video where he made adjustments to the swash plate mix that I discovered a differance between my radio and the one being programed in the video. There are three menu items, swash plate mix, mix 1 and mix 2. In the video when swash platemix was selected it brought up a list containing throttle aileron and elevator each with a percentage value after it. Here's my problem, when I click on swash mix Ionly get the word Inhibit which I am unable to scroll too. When I leave swash mix andscroll to mix 1 or mix 2 I get a menu that had INH (inhibit) that was scrollable and I reset to on in both instances. Going back to watch the video for a third time I verified that the guy in the video was going to a menu from swash mix and not getting Inhibit for a settingbut rather had an adjustable menu. My question is has anyone else found this to bethe case with theirTx? Does anyone know what the proper set up is?Can I make the INHIBIT setting go away leaving me with an editable setting list?</p>

tdmoss61 06-01-2009 12:34 PM

go into your setup list and make sure the swash type is et to 120 deg, then you can go back to the adjust list and set the swash mix.........

trex 450, trex 500, stinger 90..............................you only live once....................

steves578 08-30-2009 05:00 PM

hi mate here web page 2 adobe files quick start and full manual www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Manuals.aspx?ProdID