Community
Search
Notices
JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support Get all your questions regarding JTEC/RADIOWAVE products answered here!

CG for Extra 330 PANZL

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
bep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG for Extra 330 PANZL

Does anyone know the CG on the 35% Extra 330 PANZL? If so, please post................. Thanks, BEP
Old 01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
al

Default RE: CG for Extra 330 PANZL

the CG is right on the wingtube.When you go to balance the plane pick up the fuselage only by placing your fingers in the wing tube socket, set the balance to be level or slightly nose down to start. This is the best way to balance it.

Al
JTEC/RADIOWAVE
Old 01-01-2006, 10:30 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: CG for Extra 330 PANZL

Just to clarify this, since it is a new idea to some (it was to me)... you balance it with the wings OFF. When you bolt the wings on, the CG will actually shift aft a little, but this is accounted for. It works perfect.

If you think about it, the plane is really well designed!!! If the wings are supporting themselves in flight (they do), and the fuse balances on the wing tube, then the wing tube is carrying all of the fuse's weight in flight... this means that there is little stress on the wing bolts. If the CG was well behind the wing tube, then aft wing bolt would be pulling up and the forward wing bolt pushing down in flight. Kewl, huh?