Community
Search
Notices
JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support Get all your questions regarding JTEC/RADIOWAVE products answered here!

Pull Pull on 35% Panzl

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull Pull on 35% Panzl

Any tips or measurements on the placement of slots,what horns, etc for the 35% Panzl. I havent ordered anything yet and would appreciate any input.

Ready to cover and paint.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:51 PM
al

Default RE: Pull Pull on 35% Panzl

Andy,

I have used both the rocket city-Hangar 9 and AndyKane horns on the rudder. Outlet slot is just forward of the rear servo mounts on the fuse. basically half way between the upper and lower servo mounts.

Al
Old 02-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Panzlflyer

Thanks AL, after a layoff Im going again, mounted motor, sheeting all done just need to mount the LG and finish boxing in the MBox.
Looks good so far.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:12 PM
al

Andy,

Get r done. One of the guys got to ring there's out today. John Banks, he seems pretty happy with it.

Al
Old 02-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Panzlflyer

Wish I could, Work and health issues roll on summer!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:32 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

I am using a SWB 4.5" self-adjusting setup and Dubro HD rudder pull-pull linkage... basically the same a McQueen's. Scott is sending me a diagram that shows exactly where to cut the slots as soon as I get the plane... I'll let you know what he says (assuming you are using the same arm, etc..)
Old 02-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Panzlflyer

Thanks that would make it easy.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:25 AM
sillyness

AndyT,

I am reconsidering the rudder tray I am using... will probably go with an Airwild tray since it is lighter. It has a 5" offset arm, and my exits will likely be in a different location than your will be. Sorry.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Edge

AndyT and Sillyness, I will take a pic. of my set up for you. Al is dead on where the exit points are. Sillyness, sorry I didn't email back, with more than 30 hours in the shop over the past weekend, I took a break, I should get pics for you shortly.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Edge

Here are the pics. Tiller arm is 41" from hinge line. Balances ok there, just a little nose heavy, balancing at the wing tube with no wings. I used the Dubro heavy duty connectors in the rudder. It helps get the connection at the hinge line. If you can see in the picture, the connector hits the fuse before max travel, still get a lot of travel though. Looking for any ideas to solve that problem. I believe my tiller arm is 4"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15809.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	415400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88105.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	415401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65796.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	415402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga76560.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	415403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi61764.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	415404  
Old 02-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Panzlflyer

Edge, I believe you must be the guy SWB mentioned when I called as he said he had just sold one for a Panzl. I guess the only thing you could do would be to shorten the black arm but that will throw out your setup on the hinge line unless you re drill the hole closer to the hinge.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:33 PM
sillyness

Here are the pics. Tiller arm is 41" from hinge line. Balances ok there, just a little nose heavy, balancing at the wing tube with no wings. I used the Dubro heavy duty connectors in the rudder. It helps get the connection at the hinge line. If you can see in the picture, the connector hits the fuse before max travel, still get a lot of travel though. Looking for any ideas to solve that problem. I believe my tiller arm is 4"
I just had this discussion with Scott at SWB the other day. He didn't really seem to beleive me when I said the control horn would hit the fuse side on the Panzl... he said that I had to use a 4" arm... a 4.5" arm wouldn't work because the distance from the tiller to the hinge line is too short. Well... I have a Radiowave Extra that has the same size fuse/rudder, and I used a 4.5" arm in it... it works just fine and the horn doesn't touch the fuse sides like it would with a 4" spread. Scott's a great guy and he's spot on with his stuff, but I think this plane is just a little different than others out there.

I'm glad to hear it's nose heavy... much easier to fix than tail heavy!!! What kind of spinner, gear, wheels, etc???

Cheers!
Jason
Old 02-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Edge

Nova spinner from airwild. Standard gear, however I will probably replace with carbon fiber. That in itself will probably put the balance dead nuts. The stock gear is very stout. 8611a's all the way around, kind of a pain because they don't fit in standard slots. SWB titanium turnbuckles and ball links. Hangar heavy duty links on the surfaces. 5" dubro lowbounce light weight wheels. I am also thinking on getting a 4.5" tiller. That should push the rudder linkage out far enogh not to hit. But, I will see how it flies it first. Might be worried about something I don't need to. Fromeco peerless batteries with badger switches. Nice, nice stuff.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:34 PM
sillyness

Looks like the only differences will be:

Petes Carbon Spinner
No switches (I'm using the ones built into the regs)
Kavan wheels
Nelson hardware (vs H9)
5955s
Airwild rudder tray (with the self adjusting hardware from an SWB tray I have... I like the lighter weight of the Airwild tray but I love the self adjusting feature!!!)

Can't wait for flight reports!!!