Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support
Reload this Page >

Question About A Double Snuffler Muffler ??

Community
Search
Notices
JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support Get all your questions regarding JTEC/RADIOWAVE products answered here!

Question About A Double Snuffler Muffler ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About A Double Snuffler Muffler ??

A short time ago I received a wrap around double snuffler muffler for my Brison 2.4 from you. For the most part it looks OK but I have some concerns.

a) - there are no spacers between the front and back bolt holes. When I tighten the bolts into the clyinder I am concerned it will squeeze the muffler together and never stay tight or even worse distort the metal.

b) this muffler with the snufflers is very heavy and I am wondering if there should be someway to fasten a brackett to it in order to support the weight.

Am I worrying needlessly or are the other muffler manufacturers just providing overkill with their mufflers.

Thank You ............
Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 AM
al

Default RE: Question About A Double Snuffler Muffler ??

Don,

Tighten the bolts till they are snug. Use a little loctite on the bolts and that will keep them from backing off. You don't need to tighten them so much to distort the metal.

It should be fine as far as mounting unless you have a vibration issue. If you want to add a bracket for support I suggest you drill and tap the far end (oppisite the mounting bolts) in the direct center of the canister. Use a small bolt and again some loctite, a peice of rubber or silicon may also help with vibration. Again if you are going to use a bracket for support it will need to go to the engine or engine mounting bolts so that it moves with the engine. If you attach it to the fuselage it probably will break as it will not allow the muffler to move with the engine.

Al Young
JTEC
Old 10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Question About A Double Snuffler Muffler ??

Thank you