Community
Search
Notices
JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support Get all your questions regarding JTEC/RADIOWAVE products answered here!

Jtec Muffler Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:27 PM
qwazzy123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jtec Muffler Help

Hi All,
I ordered wrap around muffler for my OS 120AX. I did't see this in the picture on their web site, but when the muffler showed up, I noticed there is no negative pressure nipple to push air pressure back in to the gass tank. My question is obviously, how do I set up the gas tank with out pushing air pressure back into the tank.

Every glow engine I had so far has a nipple that put pressure back into the gas tank.

Here is a link to the muffler.

http://www.jtecrc.com/oswraparound.htm

Thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 10:33 AM
jtec radiowave kid

Default RE: Jtec Muffler Help

Generally we do not put pressure taps in our mufflers because everyone has there own idea of where they would like it and how it will work for there specific application. What we tell most people to do is put the pressure tap on the flat header portion of the wrap around pitts muffler around the exhaust port and use the pressure tap from the original muffler that came with the engine or get a dubro 6-32 pressure tap.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:30 PM
qwazzy123

So can I just drill a hol that is smaller the then the thread and literally thead the presure tap right into the muffler??
Old 03-14-2008, 05:09 PM
jtec radiowave kid

I would do it with your typical 6-32 drill and tap that you can get from a hardware store or a hobby shop.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 PM
qwazzy123

Forgive my ignorance, I guess I don't know what a tap is. Is this something you use to make a thread in the hole so you can screen the pressure nib into. Sorry, just never don't this and new terminology for me.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:34 PM
al

Yes,

You should be able to pick it up at your local hobby shop. Dubro makes a drill and tap set(thread maker) for a couple bucks. If they don't have it lowes or Homedepot

Al