Community
Search
Notices
JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support Get all your questions regarding JTEC/RADIOWAVE products answered here!

40% 330l pull pull

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM
icando3d2
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40% 330l pull pull

Hey im setting up my 330l and it had 2 servos in the tail when I recieved it im installing a seiko on the rudder the tray is built im looking for information on a pull pull large enough and any suggestions for the exit of the cables. thanks for the help.
Chris
Old 12-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Kevin Y
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: 40% 330l pull pull

Chris,

I actually use 90 lb leader wire for pull pull available at any good fishing dept store. you should also be able to get the feurls need to lock them also. You probably want to use about a 4 inch arm on the servo. I actually cross the leads and make an exit between the two servo ( rudder)bays in the rear of the fuselage. You will have pleanty of torque with the Seiko but the centering on return can be a little issue if you fly percision.

Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE

Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 PM
icando3d2
My Feedback: (15)

any tips on crimping the pull pull wire or do you guys have any issues with slipage.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 AM
al

Chris,

What you want to do is feed your pull wire through you ferrel then through you linkage ( we use a 4-40 ball link with an sullivan 4-40 eylet attached to the control horn) back through the ferrel.

Ok you want to make sure you have some extra wire because now you want to loop back over the ferrel and push the wire through the ferrel again from the linkage side all before you crimp. What that will do is lock the pull wire in so it can not slip.

To crimp it I would go to lowes or a fishing supply house and get an inexpensive crimping tool. Then you will be set forever!!

good Luck

Al
Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another trick if you use coated wire is after you are done running it through the eyelets, go back with a lighter and gently melt the coating together. I've done this on my pattern stuff for years and the stuff never moves.

Arch