RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jtec-radiowave-support-400/)
-   -   JTEC CANISTER DEVELOPMENT (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jtec-radiowave-support-400/9262351-jtec-canister-development.html)

Kevin Y 11-18-2009 08:07 AM

JTEC CANISTER DEVELOPMENT

We are in the testing stages of our new canisters designs. So far we have been getting great results but are still testing them on several different engines.

Currently our first release will be for the 40 to 65cc single cyclinder or up to the 100-120cc twin displacement. Price point will be about $135 each or $270 per set. not including header systems

We have not done headers yet but will start looking building these once we have released several canister designs.

As with all our exhaust systems they are proudly made right here in our facility in Mooresville NC, USA!!!!!!!!!!

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. we will be happy to work with you.

As always we thank you for your support.

Al Young
JTEC/RADIOWAVE

krayzc-RCU 11-18-2009 09:08 AM

RE: JTEC CANISTER DEVELOPMENT

North Carolina Rules yeah Baby! JTEC

Jerry_Hailey 11-20-2009 06:18 PM

I got to put my eyes on these cans at a swap meet last week. Al - you have done a nice job, I was impressed with how light your cans are, and knowing how well all of your mufflers work, I'm sure these will work great.

Nice to see a product made in North Carolina priced better than an import.

Spdstr280Z 12-01-2009 12:18 AM

What they said !

Jason

tarheelflyer 11-02-2010 10:17 AM

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"">Anyone have experience with these yet?</span></p>

Kevin Y 11-02-2010 04:33 PM

Actually in the North Carolina area we have quite a few guys running the canisters. The majority of our customers seem to be running them on the DA 100, DL 100/111, DA50, DL50/55 with good sucess. We have done a fair amount of testing with those engines have gotten great numbers especially out of the DL's. On the DL, they seemed to get more rpm then a couple of the other brand canisters we tested.

bemeson 10-28-2011 07:54 PM

What king of improved rpms on DLE55. I live in Colorado at 5900 and I need a few more rpms. I was thinking on going with your big canister pitts, but will the cans give superior performance. If so what is the weight difference between the cans and the pitts.

Thanks
Brian

Kevin Y 10-29-2011 08:22 AM

Brian,

Canisters are not designed to give you an increase in performance, they are really for sound. On average you will see about a 3-4 db drop in sound over a good wrap around pitts muffler or side mound muffler. The rpm numbers should be the same whether it is a wrap around, side mount or canister. If you are looking for a power increase there are two things you can do. Play with props, at your altitude I would say keep the diameter down to a 22" or 23". The second thing is a tuned pipe like a ks 1060 or mtw re2. Tuned lips are the only type of exhaust in which you will see a power increase. On average you will see about 400 more rpm.

Kevin Young

bemeson 11-04-2011 06:32 PM

Kevin,
I appreciate the information....With your cannisters are you saying you will get the same rpm out them as you get in the stock DLE muffler, but it will quiet the motor down. If that is correct, that would be the ticket....I am worried about losing RPM cause I need all I can get. What is the weight of the cannister....how much heavier is the cannister as compared to one of your small pitts muffler for a DLE55. I have flown with a RE2 and the pipes seem to be a bit peaky and they come on at the tail end of the powerband.

Thanks
Brian

Kevin Y 11-04-2011 10:34 PM

Brian,

Yeah, as I said on the phone the other day you should see the same rpm numbers with a canister as the stock muffler. For the weight of a canister system you are probably looking at 1lbs. or so, figure the canister will weight approx 10 or 11oz and then the header coupler and clamp weight probably another 5-6 oz. A standard wrap around pitts will weight 9oz and again gets the same rpm numbers as the stock side mount muffler. One thing with a canister is technically you still may see a peakiness in your throttle response just like a tuned pipe, it all depends on header length. If you are looking for the most hastle free setup then I would suggest just a wrap around pitts muffler, it is nice and simple.

jerseys 03-08-2012 06:26 PM

Fashionable objects are in huge demand nowadays. People are becoming more and more self conscious about their looks and outfits. Eyewear serves to be one such fashionable accessory that not only fulfills the purpose of supporting Ray Ban sunglassesyour vision but also makes a remarkable stylish item. The consumer market is overflowing with numerous brands of eyeglasses which are competing amongst themselves to remain on the top. Ray Ban glasses are one such brand name which doesn't need much of an introduction as its overwhelming quality speaks for itself. They are known to strive hard in order to achieve absolute perfection and excellence.aviator sunglasses
RayBan glasses have always offered authenticated products for the potential buyers for many years. Since the time of their launch, these eyeglasses have become immensely popular because of their unique classy designs and stylish looks. Primarily, these eyeglasses were invented for the United States Air Force as the pilots required protection for their eyes from the vibrant sunrays. They were specifically made up of lenses that were used to filter out the harmful UV rays. These glasses were so widely accepted by pilots in those days that they became big brand names such as Ray-Ban Aviators and Ray-Ban Wayfarer.
The popularity of Ray-Ban glasses is also evident in the film industry as numerous high profile celebrities prefer to wear these eyeglasses. They are so intricately designed that each and every piece looks strikingly appealing. It particularly shows the skilled craftsmanship that is gone into creating this designer eyewear that makes it look so different from the other branded products.ray ban wayfarer These glasses can be worn by anyone irrespective of their gender. There are made available in numerous designs that cater to the varied interests of both men and women. One of the most striking features of Ray-Ban glasses iRay Ban s that they are made up of high quality polarized lenses. These lenses are known to adjust themselves as per the lighting conditions. This particularly results into reducing eye fatigue and keeps your eyes well-protected.ray ban glasses
When it comes to RayBan glasses frames, they are mostly made up of carbon fiber or titanium. Ray Ban Aviator There is a wide collection of such designer frames that is being specifically created in order to match any kind of facial structure. These varied frame designs are further differentiated into rimless and semi-rimless. The temple pieces in Ray-Ban glasses frames are inserted with rubber in order to ensure that the glasses do not slip off. The frames look light weighted but they are extremely sturdy and strong that can withstand any amount of force.
One of the best places to locate Ray Ban glasses is toray ban sunglasses sale browse through the numerous optical websites. They provide you with an opportunity to access their designs and make a comparison of their prices. In fact, it is being observed that various attractive deals and discounts on such branded eyewear are acquired from reliable online stores. Ray-Ban glasses indeed serves to be the most perfect eyewear that makes you look confident and gives out a sophisticated aura. Opt for them now!cheap baltimore ravens