Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

k60g Kero Run Parameters PLEASE

Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

k60g Kero Run Parameters PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Turbogear
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k60g Kero Run Parameters PLEASE

Can anyone help me with the start and run parameters on this turbine for Kero/Jet A1 please. I fly at 5500ft and can get only 80-85000 rpm out of the motor and then it flames out. I did e-mail Barry but no response yet, and I do not want to fry it. This is my seventh turbine but first kero start though, and I just can't seem to find the ideal setting. There is flames at startup and it puffs like a pulse jet during running, I don't know if it might be the pump, but would like to try tested settings before I send back the motor. Please, any help will be appreciated. Danie
Old 01-18-2014, 07:05 AM
mtnflyer14

Danie,
I am NOT an expert, but I fly a K-80 here at 6500 feet altitude and with the exception of 'tweaking' a couple things to reduce flames on start, I have not changed much from the factory settings. My opinion is that you have pump problems if you can't get above 85,000 RPM. I do not believe that is an ECU setting problem. My guess is that Barry will want to know what the pump voltage is at full power - you may have a faulty pump, fuel line restriction or air leak someplace.
Regards,
Gus
Old 01-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Turbogear
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Gus
Thanks for the reply. Barry did reply to me and I had to change some settings in the background menu. The changes made the startup a little cooler with the turbine not jumping over 800*C, but made no difference during running. I tried another setting a few evenings back, and realized that the turbine is "pulsating", spewing out 1-2 inch blue flames about every half second. When I advance the throlle, even very slowly, it will flame out every time at around the same rpm(80 000-85 000). What I'm not sure of is that maybe the ecu try to limit or regulate the fuel flow or it might be a faulty pump hence the inconsistent fuel flow. The motor is still on a test bench with brand new tubing, filters etc. thus I'm sure there is no restriction in the fuel supply. The motor has got 74min of struggles on it this far, with no run lasting longer than 3 min.
Regards
Danie
Old 01-26-2014, 01:18 PM
mtnflyer14

Again, I'm not an expert, but the flameouts sound more and more like a pump issue to me.
Gus
Old 01-27-2014, 08:26 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen, Wenfu and I have discussed about this very situation and think that the high elevation in South Africa may have everything to do with the combustion. What we have decided is to reissue a modified engine for an exchange. Danie, Vera will be getting in touch with your dealer Aerial Concepts, so please try to have your engine, ECU and fuel pump only back to Dean at your earliest convenience, tracking number will be issued and email to you and Dean.

Thank you,
Barry