Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Install questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Install questions

Hey guys, got 2 questions, probably common sense stuff, but you never know, so figured I'd post here.
1. Is it ok to use my existing Jetcat Filter?
2. Can I bend the wires on the back of my pump as shown in the pic below, or is this a bad install idea?

Has anyone had any bad experiences with either?
Thanks, Jay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	564.3 KB
ID:	1981497  
Old 03-26-2014, 05:26 AM
kmrcjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi not wise to bend the wires at the back of the pump. if the filters clean shouldn't be a problem
ken
kingtech oz
Old 03-26-2014, 07:16 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay,

Looking at the picture, it doesn't appear that you are bending the wire at the soldered joints so you should be fine with what you have. The shrink tubing around our pumps is very hearty and durable and should keep you from breaking the wire connections unless you really muscle up and tweak it hard.

As for the jetcat fuel filter??? yuuucckkk.....just kidding.. you can use any fuel filter you prefer as long as it is clean and doesn't leak, most important is to USE A FILTER.

Get back to the build and we are looking forward to your report on your new K-180G

Regards,
Dirk
KingTech Service
Old 03-27-2014, 06:55 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys! Dirk.. lol, I like the look of the Kingtech's purple filter more, but it's a little longer & I don't have the space. My tentative plan is to taxi test the crap out of the plane & make sure the pump doesn't fail. I think the wires just bent a lil & didn't effect the solder joint, but no way to tell 100%. Maybe I will send it in to Barry for inspection before the actual maiden (firm believer in Murphy's law). K-180G fits in the UF with no problem, even with the full bypass installation. I cut a few cheater holes to make sure there isn't any aspiration problems, but after looking through them & seeing the space in the closed bypass, I don't even think that was necessary.
Happy to hear Barry didn't utilize crow with his. I'm hoping just that will take care of the extra residual. With 179oz of total fuel, I should be able to stay aloft for over 9 minutes even at full power, so after 5 minutes off trimming and fun, I'll get the approaches to GA's going, & if I don't figure it out by 9 minutes or so, shut the turbine & land to a full stop. Oh well, moving at a snails pace! my 2yr old is not concerned with my UF re-maiden..lol
Will keep you posted, Thanks a million!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	1981931   Click image for larger version

Name:	line up2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	606.1 KB
ID:	1981932