Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

210start problem

I have a pair of new 210s in a model, one of which starts perfectly every time. The other refuses to ignite even though you can feel warm air from the back end, the engine then proceeds to fill with fuel (diesel). If I abort the start sequence after a few seconds then immediately retry it usually fires up. I was wondering if there is a burner temp adjustment? Before I send it back.

m

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Call Barry or Dirk before you do..I bet they can help you.

Here is a copy of the post that I follow on my 210g with Kero and it starts perfectly. I have about 12 flights on it so far.

"Ali's 210 is on its way to the UK while I fired up #005 mounted in the F-22 today, had to do a few adjustments to the ECU, and hope some of the early 210 owners receive the following information:

1) Reduce preheat fuel down to 20 for Diesel, leave it at 35 for kero
    2) Run up the engine, get a reading of the full RPM pump PW, add 20% and reduce pump limit to the new value under RUN menu. This will provide a better overall throttle resolution and most importantly, steadier idle and this adjustment applies to all KT engines. on this 005, I had to reduce from 580 down to 288.
    3) Once you have pump limit dialed down, you could reduce Acceleration and deceleration delays down close to "0"

The Diesel start up was one of the cleanest, great power and response, can't wait to fly this engine. Also like to thank Ingo from Modell Technik Hausl in Austria, who designed this new fuel pump dedicated to match our engine's performance."
    Jeff Stubbs
    Salem, VA.
    RVRC

GJC, Comp Arf, Skymaster, Skygate, Kingtech, Ram, Spektrum

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have the 210 and set all parameters to the default settings in the manual for diesel. Havent done the fuel pump thing will do that on weekend and have the Acc delay and Decl Delay set at 003 at present. Great turbine and have five hours runtime already in a CompARF Euro. Fantastic performance.
    Kingtech 170G PST Reaction, Pink Panther Scheme PST Reaction, Kingtech 210G Jolly Roger Eurosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I only set the Acc delay but didn't change the decl delay. I talk to Barry at KY jets. He said it is not a big deal on teh decl.
    Jeff Stubbs
    Salem, VA.
    RVRC

GJC, Comp Arf, Skymaster, Skygate, Kingtech, Ram, Spektrum

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Mick, Sounds like the ECU went into preheat prematurely, therefore the pooling of fuel during preheat, try this, go to the background menu and adjust parameter #15, increase its value by one notch.

1) Power on RX, during the a brief moment of the welcome screen, press and release #3 then #1 button
    2) Once you are in the background menu, use #2 button to scroll to parameter 15, I suspect that this is at 1, increase it to 2
    3) Power cycle Rx, you are ready to go

You have just increase the temperature difference required during the ignition phase to better facilitate preheat. I also had to do this on one of my two 210s running with Diesel.

Regards,
    Barry
    www.kingtechturbines.com
    kingtechturbines@gmail.com
    1-626-793-4677
    1-626-399-7588 Barry's cell/text

Barry, today carried out your instructions, engine now starts just fine, thanks.
    I'll follow up when I have flown it.

m