Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

210start problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 03:12 PM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 210start problem

I have a pair of new 210s in a model, one of which starts perfectly every time. The other refuses to ignite even though you can feel warm air from the back end, the engine then proceeds to fill with fuel (diesel). If I abort the start sequence after a few seconds then immediately retry it usually fires up. I was wondering if there is a burner temp adjustment? Before I send it back.

m
Old 08-04-2014, 03:26 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Call Barry or Dirk before you do..I bet they can help you.

Here is a copy of the post that I follow on my 210g with Kero and it starts perfectly. I have about 12 flights on it so far.

"Ali's 210 is on its way to the UK while I fired up #005 mounted in the F-22 today, had to do a few adjustments to the ECU, and hope some of the early 210 owners receive the following information:

1) Reduce preheat fuel down to 20 for Diesel, leave it at 35 for kero
2) Run up the engine, get a reading of the full RPM pump PW, add 20% and reduce pump limit to the new value under RUN menu. This will provide a better overall throttle resolution and most importantly, steadier idle and this adjustment applies to all KT engines. on this 005, I had to reduce from 580 down to 288.
3) Once you have pump limit dialed down, you could reduce Acceleration and deceleration delays down close to "0"

The Diesel start up was one of the cleanest, great power and response, can't wait to fly this engine. Also like to thank Ingo from Modell Technik Hausl in Austria, who designed this new fuel pump dedicated to match our engine's performance."
Old 08-04-2014, 04:19 PM
number27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 210 and set all parameters to the default settings in the manual for diesel. Havent done the fuel pump thing will do that on weekend and have the Acc delay and Decl Delay set at 003 at present. Great turbine and have five hours runtime already in a CompARF Euro. Fantastic performance.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:30 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

I only set the Acc delay but didn't change the decl delay. I talk to Barry at KY jets. He said it is not a big deal on teh decl.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:28 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mick, Sounds like the ECU went into preheat prematurely, therefore the pooling of fuel during preheat, try this, go to the background menu and adjust parameter #15, increase its value by one notch.

1) Power on RX, during the a brief moment of the welcome screen, press and release #3 then #1 button
2) Once you are in the background menu, use #2 button to scroll to parameter 15, I suspect that this is at 1, increase it to 2
3) Power cycle Rx, you are ready to go

You have just increase the temperature difference required during the ignition phase to better facilitate preheat. I also had to do this on one of my two 210s running with Diesel.

Regards,
Barry
Old 08-08-2014, 01:57 AM
mick15

Barry, today carried out your instructions, engine now starts just fine, thanks.
I'll follow up when I have flown it.

m