Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

damaged 140g turbine brand new and no help from kingtech

Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

damaged 140g turbine brand new and no help from kingtech

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fidel castrol
Funny that kingtech was willing to fix it and put parts in it so obviously u have no idea what u are talking so why don't u just sit this one out till maybe something comes up that u know about
Yep, willing to fix it, but that's not good enough for you is it? You crashed it, whined they wouldn't sell you parts, so now you come here looking for sympathy because you can't afford to pay to have it fixed correctly. You said it "wasn't that bad", the pictures show otherwise. That thing is hammered! You claim they won't help you, but that's exactly what they offered to do. You're pissy because you can't afford to fix it the right way, so you want them to change their policy to suit you.

Like I said before, the customer isn't always right, and they certainly don't need a customer like you who lies about the actual condition of the motor, then twists the facts to try to get the jet community on your side.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:29 PM
fidel castrol
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know which turbine company would sell the parts I only have kingtech turbines
Old 08-28-2014, 05:36 PM
fidel castrol

It looks hammered and who says I can't afford to fix it no one is talking about money it's not the money and I don't need any sympathy from any one its the principal I have all the means and equipment to at least make an attempt to fix my own turbine it's in my jet it's my turbine and it's my money not yours so even if they sold me the parts and I put it back together and it failed it's not there fault it would be mine I see there concern and understand but it doesn't mean I have to like it and if u don't have all the facts u should refrain making comments that are outside your understanding of the situation
Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 PM
sportflya
My Feedback: (21)

Fidel

I had a turbine company who wouldn't sell me parts to a turbine that let go in the air. They explained to me they don't because of liability. The major turbine manufacturers do not sell parts. They use to if you had a home built kit, however if you buy a turbine from a reputable manufacturer they wont.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:42 PM
fidel castrol

And further more I'm not trying to get anyone on my side the reason for this post was to see if anyone knew where I could get the parts to fix my turbine I have already bought a new one this is just a project so please don't make comments about what I can and can not afford u may not be able to afford turbines or maybe u can I don't know and I don't care it's not the point
Old 08-28-2014, 05:48 PM
fidel castrol

Originally Posted by sportflya
Fidel

I had a turbine company who wouldn't sell me parts to a turbine that let go in the air. They explained to me they don't because of liability. The major turbine manufacturers do not sell parts. They use to if you had a home built kit, however if you buy a turbine from a reputable manufacturer they wont.
Thanks finally a straight answer from someone who has been there before it's refreshing to see someone just give an answer in stead of trying to be a keyboard commando thank you
Old 08-28-2014, 06:03 PM
jgracco

Dr Know everything to the rescue..... [

Nice to post internals of the motor. Not very smart..

I like the pics of your fisher price machine shop.. can ya balance motors with that setup Doc?

QUOTE=Dr Honda;11870182]I don't currently own a KingTech... so I have no stake in defending anyone.

BUT....

1) Barry has an excellent reputation in the RC jet community. If you decide to not buy one of his engines... that's up to you.

2) Barry WAS NOT going to charge the OP... but since he came here and started to bash Barry, and KingTech... he's now going to stick to his guns, and change an hour labor for the inspection.

3) Since a crash is in NO WAY a warranty situation... you can't expect the service to be free. (would you work for free if someone was trying to screw your reputation, when it's not your fault??)

Fidel: You have 5 posts to your name... do you really think that this forum will take your serious? AND... There aren't any turbine manufactures that will sell parts anymore, so I'm not sure why you think coming here, and bashing KingTech will get you what you want.

I'm going to tell you, that same thing that I tell my 3 year old kid... "you don't get anything if you cry."

From the pictures that Barry posted... the only things that may be OK are the hot end. (NGV, Turbine wheel, combustion chamber, and tail cone ?) With the destruction of the front the way it is... I'll assume the shaft, tunnel, and bearings are also shot.

Anyway....

Barry... I wouldn't worry too much. The guys here know you, and know you aren't being unreasonable. We know you help when people are reasonable. AND... when I see a guy with 5 posts, teem up with a guy with only 56 posts.... they haven't earned any credentials here.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 PM
rrembert

I hope you can see where we might mis-understand...your first post was a statement, not a question. By the way, your "straight answer" came from a standup guy who really has been down that road..
Old 08-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Lownverted

It looks hammered and who says I can't afford to fix it no one is talking about money it's not the money and I don't need any sympathy from any one its the principal I have all the means and equipment to at least make an attempt to fix my own turbine it's in my jet it's my turbine and it's my money not yours so even if they sold me the parts and I put it back together and it failed it's not there fault it would be mine I see there concern and understand but it doesn't mean I have to like it and if u don't have all the facts u should refrain making comments that are outside your understanding of the situation
Who said you couldn't afford to fix it? Lemme see...oh yeah, it was you! You said you sent it in and it cost too much to fix. If you could afford to fix it, it wouldn't be too much now would it?

In your thread title you say: damaged 140g turbine brand new and no help from kingtech

It's not brand new. Brand new implies you pulled it out of the box and there is something wrong with it. Not the case here, you hammered it into the ground and now it needs a rebuild. You also state that Kingtech is "no help", this is also disingenuous they offered to fix it, but that's not good enough for you. You want them to break their policy to fix your mistake, then whine when they wont. There is no turbine manufacturer who would sell parts to a non authorized repair facility. None! If it's so hard for you to grasp that this is a huge liability risk, you are exactly the type of person they are trying to protect themselves against.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:28 PM
fidel castrol

Because I said it was to much to fix doesn't mean I can't afford it but 2k for a repair is to much when I can buy a new one for 2450 you are just turning things around and giving your answers to suit your needs
Old 08-28-2014, 06:42 PM
fidel castrol

By the number of posts you have you nothing better to do then bother everyone that post by stirring the pot and bringing up things that are not relevant have a good day sir and thanks for bringing up my post count
Old 08-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Lownverted

Because I said it was to much to fix doesn't mean I can't afford it but 2k for a repair is to much when I can buy a new one for 2450 you are just turning things around and giving your answers to suit your needs
So you damaged it $2k worth and somehow that's Kingtech's fault? That's some pretty screwy logic there. But you said the motor is brand new! So $2K is a pretty good deal for a motor you destroyed no?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:32 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Dude, don't be afraid to mix in a period here and there.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:03 PM
fidel castrol

Originally Posted by Lownverted
So you damaged it $2k worth and somehow that's Kingtech's fault? That's some pretty screwy logic there. But you said the motor is brand new! So $2K is a pretty good deal for a motor you destroyed no?
Look there is a lot more to this then u think I didn't post this to get into a pissing match with someone which is what u want to do I'm done with you yes the turbine is wrecked and no one said it was kingtech fault there u go again putting in words again the only problem I had was that kingtech wouldn't sell me the parts I need that's it
No problem with the engine
NO PROBLEM WITH BARRY
NO PROBLEM WITH KINGTECH
NOT A WARRANTY ISSUE
NOT A SERVICE PROBLEM
Old 08-28-2014, 08:27 PM
socalbudman

I have seen Barry and Dirk work wonders on engines. If you would see what Dirk can do to a pile of POS that comes into his shop and turn it back to you within 5-7 days for minimal cost is unreal.
Ive been to his shop and think all those engines are toast and hes fixes them no prob. He also has state of the art balancer. I have seen first hand that he has taken apart a engine turbine wheel and marked its location.
Undid the nut 1/2 inch and replaced it back and showed me how unbalanced it was. This is why they dont sell parts. You could only image if they sold you parts and you thought you could balance your engine, and it went off out of whack and hurt someone how much they would be responsible for.
Just ask around how long the competition takes or who answers there phones on a weekend when you have a problem.
Just wondered MR CASTRO how were you going to balance the engine. Do you know the specs ?
Old 08-28-2014, 08:34 PM
socalbudman

Originally Posted by jgracco
The guy racks a new motor and you want to charge him 50 bucks to tell him what is wrong...??? Nice.. remind me not to buy a motor from Kingtech. what does balancing have to do with anything. There are many people that can balance a turbine.
So where can you go in life that will do quotes free on anything lol.. Have you contacted the competition to see what they charge or their time frame?? $50 is a steal of a deal.. They way this engine looked like it prop took them hours to take apart and see what was needed.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:05 PM
fidel castrol

Balancing the turbine wheel is the easy part and yes I have the specs getting the parts is the hard part a turbine is just like a turbo charger for a car in fact the compressor wheel is from a garret turbo charger and as long as u have the balancing machine and specs it's easy to balance and I so have that equipment at my disposal
And as for the competition price to inspect it is free
Old 08-28-2014, 09:08 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

there is a guy on the classifieds asking 1850 for a 140G, get that and move on, nothing can be done during repairs.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:10 PM
HORNET FLYER
My Feedback: (6)

Funny,

When I started flying jets in 2000 and came on here in the rconline days nobody *****ed or complained at AMT or jetcat for anything.....you accepted that if you crashed you could lose it all.....because it happens and if you can't afford a smoking hole don't do it.

If motor chunked parts on the ground then it's a diff story....that motor hit hard....it's light weight metal tin can doing 150mph not a da150 brick doing 70mph.

Ten years ago these forums were informative, cool and fun to follow......now it's just a "call out the MFG" keyboard commando *****fest.

Paul
Old 08-28-2014, 09:16 PM
fidel castrol

Originally Posted by HORNET FLYER
Funny,

When I started flying jets in 2000 and came on here in the rconline days nobody *****ed or complained at AMT or jetcat for anything.....you accepted that if you crashed you could lose it all.....because it happens and if you can't afford a smoking hole don't do it.

If motor chunked parts on the ground then it's a diff story....that motor hit hard....it's light weight metal tin can doing 150mph not a da150 brick doing 70mph.

Ten years ago these forums were informative, cool and fun to follow......now it's just a "call out the MFG" keyboard commando *****fest.

Paul
I would have to agree with you 100 percent
Old 08-28-2014, 10:58 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Brian,

If you look in our clinic, I posted a "self repair" topic. You will see that an engineer thought he had the know how to replace his bearings and self balance. Please take a minute as it is a good read as to why we don't sell parts to non authorized repair facilities or customers. Brian, your turbine was crashed way beyond repair and the repair cost was with in a few hundred dollars of a new turbine. You can see the combustion chamber shifted so far it sheared injectors off, not to mention all the other destroyed parts. Barry offered you a discount to make buying a new replacement the smarter choice and keep you flying, Some guys are also sentimentally attached and I do fix the impossible sometimes as socalbudman referred too. If you read any of my other clinic suggestions, I repeatedly refer to my $50.00 inspection / set up fee. You can also find it in our manual on page 7. As for our compressor wheels being from a Garret turbo charger, that statement is another reason you should not be trying to fix your own turbine. All our parts are specifically designed for each of our turbines and are not some off the shelf part made for turbo chargers nor do we share parts with other manufacturers aside form our Xicoy ECU and fuel pumps. I really feel for you and the loss of your turbine with only 6 minutes on it, but trying to say we didn't help you is very uncalled for. If you take the time to send us a turbine for inspection, don't you think my time should be worth something to take it apart, evaluate it and give you an estimate for repair? I also believe our labor time & charges are the lowest in the industry. I'm sure you don't show up to work and say, I think I will work for free today boss, we only have a little bit to do. Hopefully you can move on from your loss and enjoy your other KingTech's. I'm sure Barry will still honor his offer if you choose to buy a replacement.

Regards,

Dirk Flejter
KingTech Service Center
Old 08-29-2014, 02:05 AM
oliveDrab

Balancing the turbine wheel is the easy part and yes I have the specs getting the parts is the hard part a turbine is just like a turbo charger for a car in fact the compressor wheel is from a garret turbo charger and as long as u have the balancing machine and specs it's easy to balance and I so have that equipment at my disposal
And as for the competition price to inspect it is free
Hi Brian I have a suggestion for you insert a period(".") at the end of each sentence you type then follow each period (".") with two spaces then start each new sentence with a capital letter so your messages would look something like:

Hi Brian. I have a suggestion for you. Insert a period (".") at the end of each sentence you type. Then follow each period (".") with two spaces. Then start each new sentence with a capital letter.

This will separate your ideas and make your posts easier to read and understand.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:20 AM
doolittles
My Feedback: (5)

I already sent it to kingtech and repair cost were to much they were as much as the turbine I have 3 of there turbines and I had hoped to get better service then I did at the end they offered me a 10% discount and they keep my old turbine to offset the discount cause some parts were still good not really a discount considering I got that discount when I bought it
Hi Fidel read though your forum , Sorry for your lost. It sound to me its not the Turbine that cause you to crash, but the servo on the Elevator did that ! And your upset that you have lost the plane the turbine , any other thing in it. I well say i have a Jetcat 100 had 7 flame outs it crashed on the 7th time i sent this turbine back several time they found not one thing wrong !I had a air leak in the fuel line. My fault !!!!!! So its not Kingtech your MAD at its you ! Get over it , get the 10% say your sorry get back to flying !!!!!! .
Doolittlers
Old 08-29-2014, 05:03 AM
jgracco

if I got a bill after the fact clearly in retaliation for what I were saying and I was not told about the charge before hand I would make the bill into 4 inch squares for the reading room... an hour to take apart a motor and document what is wrong.. it would take me 10 minutes

Originally Posted by socalbudman
So where can you go in life that will do quotes free on anything lol.. Have you contacted the competition to see what they charge or their time frame?? $50 is a steal of a deal.. They way this engine looked like it prop took them hours to take apart and see what was needed.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:36 AM
fidel castrol

Originally Posted by flejter1
Brian,

If you look in our clinic, I posted a "self repair" topic. You will see that an engineer thought he had the know how to replace his bearings and self balance. Please take a minute as it is a good read as to why we don't sell parts to non authorized repair facilities or customers. Brian, your turbine was crashed way beyond repair and the repair cost was with in a few hundred dollars of a new turbine. You can see the combustion chamber shifted so far it sheared injectors off, not to mention all the other destroyed parts. Barry offered you a discount to make buying a new replacement the smarter choice and keep you flying, Some guys are also sentimentally attached and I do fix the impossible sometimes as socalbudman referred too. If you read any of my other clinic suggestions, I repeatedly refer to my $50.00 inspection / set up fee. You can also find it in our manual on page 7. As for our compressor wheels being from a Garret turbo charger, that statement is another reason you should not be trying to fix your own turbine. All our parts are specifically designed for each of our turbines and are not some off the shelf part made for turbo chargers nor do we share parts with other manufacturers aside form our Xicoy ECU and fuel pumps. I really feel for you and the loss of your turbine with only 6 minutes on it, but trying to say we didn't help you is very uncalled for. If you take the time to send us a turbine for inspection, don't you think my time should be worth something to take it apart, evaluate it and give you an estimate for repair? I also believe our labor time & charges are the lowest in the industry. I'm sure you don't show up to work and say, I think I will work for free today boss, we only have a little bit to do. Hopefully you can move on from your loss and enjoy your other KingTech's. I'm sure Barry will still honor his offer if you choose to buy a replacement.

Regards,

Dirk Flejter
KingTech Service Center
Look I don't expect anyone to work free and the charge isn't the problem here. The loss of my turbine who cares I got into this fully expecting to lose jets along the way. I appreciate Barry giving me the discount the part that rub me the wrong way was that to get the discount I had to give him my wrecked turbine. Yes the motor was wrecked but the fuel pump harness and ecu were still good and to buy those parts is a good chuck of change and those parts I could have used in other jet so that I could just swap my turbine from jet to jet that's all I would never use that turbine in another jet but I do have a boat project I would have liked to try it in. That's why I wanted to the parts to try and rebuild it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.