Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Temp readout on data terminal

Old 09-05-2014, 07:30 AM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Temp readout on data terminal

Gents,

Recently noticed something on my 140G that has either recently developed, or I didn't observe before. So just wondering if this is normal....

When I connect the data terminal, the temperature reading is normal ambient temp, say 25C. When I initiate the start sequence, the start motor turns over the compressor wheel and the temperature immediately drops to 0, and will stay there for a few moments while the burner checks out, and the ignition begins. It will then jump off 0 to about 50-60C and start ramping up from there, and the sequence finishes normally.

If I just trigger a start sequence and then trim down to end the sequence it will drop from ambient to zero when the start motor spins, and the instant I trim down to stop the sequence the temp goes back to reading normal.

Any ideas? No operating problems, so I am wondering if its something in the data terminal that might be an issue? Turbine has about 6 hours on it.

Chad
Old 09-06-2014, 08:28 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Chad,

I think the temperature probe went bad, please send it in for a warranty replacement.

Regards,
Barry
Old 09-24-2014, 04:44 AM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Barry,

I packed it all up and mailed it back to you guys, hopefully will get there OK! Let me know what you find out if you can.

Chad