Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

KT ECU and JR DMSS

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Ozmodeller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KT ECU and JR DMSS

Guys

Have a perplexing problem with the above, I have used my K140 a fair bit with a Spektrum DX18QQ but have since changed to JR DMSS (XG14), the issue I have is that the ECU initially would not register a pulse width on the HDT and the ECU indicator light was on constantly, I have played with the end points some and can get a pulse reading (and the indicator light is no longer illuminated) but am still unable to get the header screen with trim low message, also it does not react to the trim up signal with ready to start message. Just wondering if there is a correct travel adjustment that works with the DMSS system?

Regards
Peter
Old 10-05-2014, 06:18 PM
fw190pilot

Did you try to relearn rc? Might try reversing the throttle channel.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Ozmodeller

Thanks for the reply, I have tried re-learning rc several times and reversing throttle channel also, raised and lowered end-points but no luck so far.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:14 PM
damagedgoodes

G'day Peter,

I also had a DX18QQ and changed to an XG14 and have not had any issues. I have a K140G and K100G both on DMSS, one on an RG1131BPU the other an RG1131B. Maybe try creating a new model in the TX and rebind the RX to it to see how it goes with no other data or mixes enabled and relearn the ECU. My throttle channel is not reversed o either model for what it's worth.

I once had an issue with my K140 where I thought the ECU had gone bad as the idle was erratic and almost non existant, the turbine wouldn't go below about 50,000 rpm. I called Ken and described it the issue so we tried re leaning the ECU and all sorts of fault finding. We couldn't sort it so Ken said send the ECU back. Scrolling through the menu in the TX looking for something I noticed that somehow I had enabled a throttle to another channel mix in the TX and it was causing major issues. I cleared the mix, re learnt ECU and all was good, turbine behaved as it should.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 10-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Ozmodeller

Thanks Dave.

I finally got it sorted via one of the local gurus (Phil Colling) has a wealth of knowledge and didn't take long to sort it, had to adjust end-points to 105% each way, re-learn RC and away it went.

Cheers
Peter
Old 10-05-2014, 09:12 PM
damagedgoodes

Good to hear Peter. I haven't found the need to adjust throttle end-points from the standard 100% but good for the knowledge bank in case.