Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

engine not cooling !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 05:01 AM
morwan_gsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default engine not cooling !!

Hi,

I have noticed that if the engine runs out of fuel it will stop and shows "low rpm" message, I have no problems till here but the weird thing that the engine will not go to the cooling process even if I try to cool it manually from the throttle stick !
I have to quickly switch off the receiver and start it again and start the manual cooling from the radio.

any help?

also the second weird thing happens to me when I switch off the engine and after finishing the cooling process if I started again it shows "flame out" and nothing happens after that and I have to restart the receiver in order to initiate the startup.

my engine is K80G
ECU version 6.20i
Old 07-04-2015, 03:16 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Make shure that the trim and throttle go back to the down position and this should solve the problem .
Old 07-06-2015, 12:34 AM
morwan_gsm

i am not remembering what if i returned the trim back or not, i will try to experiment again and send you the result.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:38 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

It is normal after shut down that receiver power needs to be cycled to restart.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:39 PM
morwan_gsm

yes i got this information recently !!

this engine is new member of my engine collection and all of them are Jetcat, and i used to restart the Jetcat engines after they get coolled without the need of restarting the receiver..
Old 07-07-2015, 02:46 PM
morwan_gsm

i have tested the engine cooling after initiating the low rpm message and trimming down the throttle and it went to the cooling process successfully.

but frankly speaking, what will happen if i forgot to trim down and not intering the engine to the cooling process?? this small mistake will cost me one pair of new bearing i think !!!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:50 AM
Felix Barrao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can choose to cool down or not, depending on the situation. If your engine stops flying, and you donīt trim down the throttle, the engine will not cool down, that can be a good choice if you land out of the tarmac. and the inlets ingest dust or sand. I think that this is the reason for this feature of the fadec, all the Xicoy fadec works in this way.

Regards
Old 07-09-2015, 12:43 AM
morwan_gsm

Originally Posted by Felix Barrao
You can choose to cool down or not, depending on the situation. If your engine stops flying, and you donīt trim down the throttle, the engine will not cool down, that can be a good choice if you land out of the tarmac. and the inlets ingest dust or sand. I think that this is the reason for this feature of the fadec, all the Xicoy fadec works in this way.

Regards
that is good point , and i think this is useful also if the engine gets some flames and the cooling process may increase the flame strength and make more damage to the model.