KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K-45G Sudden Shutdown

Old 07-20-2017, 02:01 AM
George62

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by DenisFerrari View Post
Hi guys, just curious to know how your flights are going and if you experienced more flameouts

Reason of my curiosity is that after +40 flights with my Wren 80 DCi I had a very strange flame out , around 3.5 mins after first flight, during a fast roll and I could safely land my Xcalibur.

As soon as inspected nothing wrong appeared, no bubbles, nothing at all.after the checks I took off again no problems at all.

And then I took 3 more flights, all good as before the flame out.

I found so many things in common with your experience, but in my case Xicoy fadec is one for brushless pump.

I've also downloaded last 51 mins and my glamour seems like yours, that is with no evidence of low Rom or temperature.

On the DT, just after landing I had "Speed Low" or something similar. But Rpm we're much higher than idle.

I have BVM UAT and I wouldn't want is because a remove half of the fuel up after every flight session. Is this really correct ?

​​​​​​WWhen refuelling I normally incline little bit the model to leave all the air go back to main tank and finish refuelling with UAT full. Like I find it after every flight and even after the flame out.

Also, no problems or evidence of any leak in my fuel system and I rely this is good. The same for main tank clunk and the rest.

I know its not easy with these few details, but any idea ?

Thank you.
Hi Denis,
since we have been following the advice skunkwurk gave to us, i.e. not to drain fuel from the UAT after we complete our flying session/day we have got no flameout at all. Yesterday we completed our 73rd flight in total and 43rd since our last flameout. We always make sure to stop pumping out the kerosin as soon as the main tank is becoming empty while the fuel starts to be drained from the UAT. So when we finish draining the fuel the UAT reamains about 90% full of fuel.
When we started with this proceedure and were uncertain if it works or not we always did an exercise with the model on the ground at the begining of each flying session/day. The purpose was to simulate manoeuvres like flying up and down and right and left by holding the model safely in hands with the turbine running.
I hope our advice might help you and we wish you to enjoy flying with no flameouts again
George

Video of exercise before we abandoned to leave the UAT empty when the turbine used to always flameout during the first run of the flying session/day:

Video of our last weeks flight:

Last edited by George62; 02-02-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:53 PM
DenisFerrari

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi George,
thank you for the update.

From now on I'm going to leave the UAT almost full after each flight session, instead of draining half of it.

I hope that could have been reason for my strange flame out too.

Thank you!
Old 12-08-2017, 04:18 AM
einstein00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default turbine off in flight

Hi,
Im from Argentina (sorry my poor english), i like to read this post, about how to solve the shut down problem, i like to flight fpv, i start with electrical planes, then gas planes, and very big gas planes, and now fpv jets, i like to flight several km from home, so, i need a very reliable turbine, shut off is a big problem, in maiden fligth, my second jet, the turbine fail close to 1km from me, so i try to modify my mounting after read your post.
the system dont able me to share the video link .

thank you
Sergio
Old 12-08-2017, 04:28 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dear Sergio,

With all due respect save yourself some troubles as well as to all the RC community especially Jet modelers and abstain from flying FPV turbine powered airplanes.
We really don't need bad publicity or any restrictions popping up banning turbine flying because of an unfortunate incident happening somewhere or starting a fire in populated area.

Hope you will understand the situation and please do not take it personal. There is a lot at stack here and since drones and FPVs have been invading the markets RC community has suffered and struggled much pretty anywhere in the world to preserve the integrity of the hobby and its particularity.

Best regards,
Old 12-09-2017, 09:43 AM
TTRotary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by extra 300 View Post
Dear Sergio,

With all due respect save yourself some troubles as well as to all the RC community especially Jet modelers and abstain from flying FPV turbine powered airplanes.
We really don't need bad publicity or any restrictions popping up banning turbine flying because of an unfortunate incident happening somewhere or starting a fire in populated area.

Hope you will understand the situation and please do not take it personal. There is a lot at stack here and since drones and FPVs have been invading the markets RC community has suffered and struggled much pretty anywhere in the world to preserve the integrity of the hobby and its particularity.

Best regards,
Absolutely agree with you extra300. Thisis a terrible idea. Sergio: Imagine how you would feel if you lost control of your model and it killed someone... a child for instance. It is not only the turbine, but the FPV link itself is not reliable. And since you are BLOS, you can only sit therecand wait for the model to crash. Not a big deal on a foamy, but very dangerous with turbine or gas powered aircraft. That is why BLOS is prohibited in our country (AMA) and likely FAA.

Lastly, with the concerns governments have over terrorists and weaponized drones, I doubt you want to wind up on an Argentine government terrorist list.

​​​​​​​Please rethink this.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:43 AM
George62

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
Absolutely agree with you extra300. Thisis a terrible idea. Sergio: Imagine how you would feel if you lost control of your model and it killed someone... a child for instance. It is not only the turbine, but the FPV link itself is not reliable. And since you are BLOS, you can only sit therecand wait for the model to crash. Not a big deal on a foamy, but very dangerous with turbine or gas powered aircraft. That is why BLOS is prohibited in our country (AMA) and likely FAA.

Lastly, with the concerns governments have over terrorists and weaponized drones, I doubt you want to wind up on an Argentine government terrorist list.

Please rethink this.
Sergio,
I must fully support extra300 & TTRotary opinion and join their standpoint and advice: it is totally insane to try to fly jet powered airplane as an FPV, there is enough fun and thrill flying jets within your sight limits. I do not know your local law, but I presume it is more or less the same as in the rest of the world, i.e. you can put yourself into a big trouble even if nothing happens and the local authorities find out about your feat ...

George

Old 12-10-2017, 11:36 PM
einstein00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well,
there is a lof of jet clubs, flighting jets , not fpv mode, but,very close to citys, im flighting my fpv jet, no less than 15km from any city or people, JUST over
farms, and i have triple redundance to return home,if anything fail, over the traditional systems, you not, so, where is the real danger?.

thank you

Sergio.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:07 AM
marquisvns

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by einstein00 View Post
Well,
there is a lof of jet clubs, flighting jets , not fpv mode, but,very close to citys, im flighting my fpv jet, no less than 15km from any city or people, JUST over
farms, and i have triple redundance to return home,if anything fail, over the traditional systems, you not, so, where is the real danger?.

thank you

Sergio.
Hi Sergio,
KingTech Turbines prohibits the use of turbine engine to power FPV models, drone or weapon. There's no merit in using a turbine engine to fly FPV drone. If your intent is purely recreation, then the efficiency and reliability with electric power is really one of the best way to go. All three of our Argentinean dealers have been informed, and will not offer sales nor support for turbine powered FPV drones.

Regards,
Barry Hou
KingTech Turbines
Old 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM
einstein00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by marquisvns View Post
Hi Sergio,
KingTech Turbines prohibits the use of turbine engine to power FPV models, drone or weapon. There's no merit in using a turbine engine to fly FPV drone. If your intent is purely recreation, then the efficiency and reliability with electric power is really one of the best way to go. All three of our Argentinean dealers have been informed, and will not offer sales nor support for turbine powered FPV drones.

Regards,
Barry Hou
KingTech Turbines
I understand Barry,
i dont said are any merit to fly fpv with turbine, but let me know, what you can do under traditional jets (without autopilots), if you loss control or rc?, nothing, i have redundancy and very more reliability to control it, and my maximun risk is to kill any cow, not people because there i not people where i fly, so, very different in the clubs, with a lot of people.

anybody said "Absolutely agree with you extra300. Thisis a terrible idea. Sergio: Imagine how you would feel if you lost control of your model and it killed someone... a child for instance."

so, the question is, are yours non fpv jets free of this?. no.
any way.

thank you, and sorry my questions.

Sergio.

Last edited by einstein00; 12-11-2017 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:53 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sergio,

I clearly asked not to take this personal. And yes you are correct jets could be dangerous even if flown clos and at sight. This is exactly why this part of the hobby needs extreme cautiousness and wise judgement as well as common sense. To say the least, a failure of some sort could start a fire and degenerate seriously. The bad publicity is simply not worth the trouble.
Enjoy the hobby and minimize the risk that's the name of the game...
Hope we are able to convince you...
Old 12-11-2017, 05:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good stuff Barry, we all need to work together to shut this dangerous and irresponsible behavior down.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:39 AM
einstein00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default serie 2 screen bright

i never know before now about the turbines regulations.

sorry.

Last edited by einstein00; 12-11-2017 at 11:44 AM.