Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K170 Propane Start

Old 04-07-2017, 03:17 AM
n715tm
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K170 Propane Start

I purchased a new in the box (never run) gas start K170 from a fellow RCU Member. Manual says to use Coleman Powermax fuel to start the engine but, that fuel has been discontinued. Is it possible to start the engine using a Dreamworks Propane adapter attached to a Coleman "Green Can" of Propane? If so, are there any settings that need to be updated in order to use straight propane?

Thank you
Old 04-07-2017, 06:58 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by n715tm
I purchased a new in the box (never run) gas start K170 from a fellow RCU Member. Manual says to use Coleman Powermax fuel to start the engine but, that fuel has been discontinued. Is it possible to start the engine using a Dreamworks Propane adapter attached to a Coleman "Green Can" of Propane? If so, are there any settings that need to be updated in order to use straight propane?

Thank you

Yes the dreamworks adaptor will work. I have used it in the past. You will need to open it up all the way then push on the knob some to get enough propane to the engine but it works great.