Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K170 issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:31 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default K170 issue

Hi folks got the tomcat out today to run it before Mississippi Jets and one engine is acting up. Seem to be getting intermittent Temp, it spoils up to about 30k and ignites but I'm guessing due to Temp reading zero it doesn't continue. Funny part is if I abort the start the temp shows up and when I motor the engine to fill it manually the temp drops to zero again and the comes back when I stop motoring it. Possible temp prob issue? Maybe a bad cable? No idea, thanks
Old 04-16-2017, 07:01 PM
number27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bad temp probe from my previous experiences
Old 04-16-2017, 07:06 PM
FenderBean

Yeah that's what I was thinking, only flown the turbine five times since new. I did notice last time I flew it the temp was reading off compared to the other engine. Well that sucks looks like the f-14 isnt flying at MS jets now, no Kingtech guys are coming.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:25 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes its a temp probe Kieth. I had the same problem a while back. Kingtech had a bad batch of them a while back.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:32 AM
FenderBean

Well poop, I guess I want get to fly the Tomcat for awhile. Its a bummer the temp probe isnt on the outside like they used to be I could replace it myself. I plug the bad engine into the harness from the good engine and it displayed 220 degrees as well, the good engine shows 20C. Last time I flew was at GA jets and I noticed it was reading 200 degrees higher than the other but it still worked fine guess it finally died. Still havent flown the jet enough to get the wings swung LOL guess I will try at KY jets. I will give Dirk a call, thanks for the help