Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K140G2 Fan help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K140G2 Fan help

I pulled my K140G2 from my Ultra Flash to put in another jet and as I was inspecting it I noticed this white and yellow on a rear fan blade. If you look closely you can see the yellow staining pattern is on all blades.

I already sent pics and info to Barry and I am just waiting for feedback. Engine runs strong and hasn’t given me any issue yet. This is simply something I may have missed when I bought it new.

Any thoughts / feedback would be appreciated. Engine has less than 10 hours only!

Is it me or does it look like bvm heat paint and it was put there?????

Last edited by Dblex; 04-29-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:30 PM
rcflyguy_26
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 210 and 70 I think have this... 210 for sure.... I think it may me for calibrating rpm.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

If I am correct on this, it is an alignment mark. It allows it to line up with a mark that would be on the compressor wheel. the marks are put there after balancing the compressor, shaft and turbine wheel to allow alignment after it is reassembled.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:24 PM
Dblex

Originally Posted by Jetpilot24
If I am correct on this, it is an alignment mark. It allows it to line up with a mark that would be on the compressor wheel. the marks are put there after balancing the compressor, shaft and turbine wheel to allow alignment after it is reassembled.

yeah, it looks like a stroke of paint from a brush for sure...I can agree with you!

Old 05-02-2018, 07:13 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dblex

yeah, it looks like a stroke of paint from a brush for sure...I can agree with you!

Yes I got the picture, but no text so didn't know what question or concern was. But yes Joe is right, that was a reflective ink for the photosensor to pick up RPM during balancing.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Dblex

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Yes I got the picture, but no text so didn't know what question or concern was. But yes Joe is right, that was a reflective ink for the photosensor to pick up RPM during balancing.

Regards,
Barry

Thanks for replying on a weekend Barry! Your dedication to the hobby is greatly appreciated!