Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

SIG in business

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SIG in business

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Daddyo57
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SIG in business

Her Gunner Edwards, I have a Fun 51 kit I was kicking around doing something crazy with! maybe a biplane from this kit? it would fly stupid most likely with all that wing... might have to take a bay or two off each wing? But you are right, A Dazzler/Uproar Bipe might be fun!!!! I was thinking of building twin fuselage version but it has been done with the Uproar 40/60 and the Fun 51 allready. I will drag out the plans and do some head scratching LOL.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Lowvoltage

I stopped by my LHS tonight. I was told that the 1/4 scale Spacewalker I ordered a couple of months ago will be in next week. This includes some Koverall I had ordered. However, still no nitrate dope.

Joe

ORIGINAL: huck1199

Dave at Sig told me they will produce the 1/3 scale Spacewalker kits in a couple of weeks. I had asked about availibility.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:30 AM
kwblake

Great News. I had ordered a Hog Bipe a couple of months ago, and Dave Falkenhagen told me that they did not have any in stock but they would be cutting some in the future. I was told that if I wanted, I could order one, and that my credit card would be billed when the kit was being shipped. Looked at my card statement online just now, and there was a payment to Sig on Nov. 24. I guess it's on its way. Maybe Christmas will be a little early.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:51 AM
mcnewbie

I just emailed SIG today and was told they should have kits released in the next few weeks...hoping they are ready for the holiday season....looking for a Kougar or more importantly a King Kobra for a winter project..built a Kougar in the 70's and am trying to get back into the mix......

see email I recieved today.......
Both kits are in production now and should be available in the next week or two.

Thanks for checking.

Dave Falkenhagen
Sig Mfg. Co.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:58 AM
mcnewbie

P.S.   I was the poster boy for what not to do as a new flyer...built...covered....painte....CRASHED...wit hout help or a club mentor....so on this pass I am going to go with a mentor and learn the skills first..laugh..

Old school...think i like the building part of the hobby....that's why I hate to see any real kit manufacturer go away or have hard times...ARF's are great but love balsa and glue from my childhood model building...

just my take....as someone coming back to the hobby...
Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
harphunt

ORIGINAL: mcnewbie

I just emailed SIG today and was told they should have kits released in the next few weeks...hoping they are ready for the holiday season....looking for a Kougar or more importantly a King Kobra for a winter project..built a Kougar in the 70's and am trying to get back into the mix......

see email I recieved today.......
Both kits are in production now and should be available in the next week or two.
Thanks for checking.
Dave Falkenhagen
Sig Mfg. Co.
This is good to hear!

peace
Old 12-01-2010, 12:55 PM
wazzbat

I might have to order a few more kits while the Aussie dollar is still OK???
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
mcnewbie

Just got a UPS delivery today!!!!.....Sig KOUGAR from www.hobbyhorse.com.....

can't believe my good luck...box says SIG and I went crazy....so don't look to the worst yet....here is email i replied to....book some orders and tell me how you fair....

Mike

Just received my SIG Kougar today!!....don't know how you managed it but you just made my xmas perfect!!!.e...thanks to you and all you folks at hobbyhorse....wow...can't sit still until I go through the box...you are the BEST!!!!!!...keep me in mind for a King Kobra too....

Much thanks and happy xmas to you and you staff...will highly recommend you on rc universe postings....wow...can't type anymore...need to check this kit out....laugh.
Mike
Old 12-02-2010, 01:54 AM
wazzbat

That's where I got my two Sig kits sent downunder from.  I would recommend HobbyHorse too.  Although I probably shouldn't because they'll sell out of all the kits I want now.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Dsegal

The 4-Star EP20 kit that I ordered in May just arrived at my local hobby shop. But there does not seem to be much else coming from Sig.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:25 PM
kwblake

Great News. My wife told me that a package was at our Post Office for me. Turns out it's from Sig. My Hog Bipe has arrived. Can't wait to get home this weekend and rip it open.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:37 PM
LargeScale88

If anyone needs a Sig Kit, I do know the Graves rc has alot of kits from sig in stock ready for shipping.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:55 PM
mcnewbie

Just a quick note...got a call from HobbyHorse today and said they had received 5 King Kobra kits and asked if I still wanted one...have to wait myself but seems they are now (SIG) getting some inventory in the pipeline....had an email from SIG that said they were running production on the 4*60 kits and should be done before XMAS...just FYI for you SIG fans..

Mike
Old 12-20-2010, 01:09 AM
wazzbat

Just an update on my LT-40 part from SIG - I emailed them about a month ago because I had a small part missing from my kit.  I received the small peice of wood today.  It was the peice that the wires for the back wheels slot into.  Being here in Australia, it would have cost them more in time and postage than materials so I thought I would let everyone know how happy I am with their service.  Big thumbs up for Sig!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 AM
jcvt
My Feedback: (2)

FRIENDS:

I TRIED TO PLACE AN ORDER AT SIG BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ANSWER FROM THEM. ARE THEY O VACATION? I TRIED E-MAIL THEM WITHOUT RESULT.

ANY HELP?
Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 PM
LargeScale88

ORIGINAL: jcvt

FRIENDS:

I TRIED TO PLACE AN ORDER AT SIG BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ANSWER FROM THEM. ARE THEY O VACATION? I TRIED E-MAIL THEM WITHOUT RESULT.

ANY HELP?
Sig has not been emailing people back at all, or getting in touch with people who have ordered from them. I ordered some fiberglass stuff, got it 3 months later, made 4-5 phone calls, emailed probably 10 times, no response, but I received it 3 months later. Sig is not even close to how they used to be. It used to be you order a kit, a week later your putting it together. I miss when Hazel ran it.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:21 PM
jcvt

They answered me today and I was able place the order. I WAS VERY concern that they were running thru a bad situation because I like their kits a lot. I always have a sig kit on my hangar, they are the best, but I have the impression that their system could be more users friendly.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM
tarvma02
My Feedback: (3)

I ordered some stuff at the beginning of this week. I didn't get the usual e-mail from them. We'll see if it gets here. I have many of there kits in a little stash because about a year ago, I was starting to see the writing on the wall. I wish them well; all of their designs are fun to build and fly.

I can't imagine trying to make a living selling model kits: low volume, declining number of customers, and low margin is NOT a good combination for any business.

Mike
Old 12-22-2010, 03:21 PM
LargeScale88

Kits aren't there only moneymaker. They sell many accesories that are still helping to keep them alive. Building tools, glue, ect.

jason
Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 PM
jcvt

I wish them well too.I bought 4 kits lately ,4*60,4*120,J-3 and Goldberg extra 300. That will keep me happy for some time. I have several ARF too, but I feel that they are toys ,there is not pride owning one or flying them.
I also bough a jigsaw,dremmel 300 and enough wood to keep those kits alive for years to come.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: jcvt

I wish them well too.I bought 4 kits lately ,4*60,4*120,J-3 and Goldberg extra 300. That will keep me happy for some time. I have several ARF too, but I feel that they are toys ,there is not pride owning one or flying them.
I also bough a jigsaw,dremmel 300 and enough wood to keep those kits alive for years to come.
Make templates of every part in that CG Extra, it was discontinued over a year ago and has become hard to locate so cutting your own kit is the only good way to get another one.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:50 PM
jcvt

I certainly will make template of every single part of that airplane. I wanted that kit back when I was in the school (80s), at that time I could not afford it, later I did not have time to build it and now I want to introduce my son in the hobby and it seems to be the right moment to built it .
By the way I bought that kit in the rcmarketplace lately.
Thanks David I really appreciate it.!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:50 PM
MikeDoug

Hey folks!  Just wanted to give some kudos to Sig.  I had to replace a fuselage for a 4-star 60 that had been water damaged (in the box).  They got the fuse kit to me in less than a week.  Great job!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

SigMan Sez, they are here to Stay !
Old 08-17-2012, 03:16 PM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

I found this post because I want everyone to know I have had some great experiences with Sig recently. A few months ago I bought some parts from them for a project and then last week I bought an astro hog and a hog bipe kit. They send stuff FAST, everything is top notch and they communicate as is standard for online merchants. Thanks SIG!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.